News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly the dining thing is a non event & probably saves them on people on the phone issuing refunds because there has never been a time where i was not credited my money back even cancelling day of... times ive been charged and simply called or emailed one of the departments (just did this on my last trip) and they refunded us our money... so imo now its like hey we are giving you literally a full pass up to 2 hours... no more refunds.... curious to see if this creates a problem now with people truly booking up places to eat and waiting til last couple hours as opposed to the night before. For most part plenty of places would open up day or 2 before while on vacation bc of the cancel before midnight rule now with a 2 hour window literally leaves people last minute options which can create empty restaurants
Very possible

But what of the blessed dining plan?

BobPar

Very possible

My guess is if and when it returns you will see a much higher price where the “value” is no longer there where people feel the impulsive need to get it… all depends on how your travel and dine. But again its a simple numbers game once they announce it and the price of it…

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Very possible

My guess is if and when it returns you will see a much higher price where the “value” is no longer there where people feel the impulsive need to get it… all depends on how your travel and dine. But again its a simple numbers game once they announce it and the price of it…
There’s always the Paris method.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
But only bad people would ever use that loophole.
200.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It wasn’t there since around 2010…that was the genius of it (for Disney)

kong1802

Wow, so when you add the $100 they charge extra for Photopass that’s $1499 for the rough equivalent of the old Platinum Pass (of course, still missing some of the other old perks like early RunDisney registration, etc) but the price is within a few bucks of DOUBLE what a Platinum Pass cost five years ago! Of course, being out of state it’s the only one we can purchase too.

I kept on renewing through a few years of price increases on the theory that (between free parking, free photos, and other perks), I’d only need two 3-4 day trips a year to see a cost benefit. That math just doesn’t hold up anymore even after the renewal discount, I was probably going to let mine expire in August anyway (and just do 1-2 visits a year instead of 3-4 and spend more time exploring other area attractions), but this certainly makes the decision easier!

It's truly remarkable in that context.

We going to see $3k in 2027?!

wendysue

Since they no longer provide transportation or luggage service, if we renew it will only be myself getting the AP. Only need one to get room and merchandise discounts. We don't do the parks every day so will just get a party ticket for one night and maybe get the hubby a one day to join me in a park. That's IF we decide to even come back.

BobPar

Again this becomes another numbers game… most people know how and when they travel especially those that would be dedicated enough and big enough fans of Disney to make multiple week long trips to Disney or spend a couple weeks there at once to make the #s work… so again these price increases stink but anyone who is paying i would hope are “saving” money between ticket prices and the other perks that come along w AP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom