News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

JohnD

I'm beginning to enjoy having the Pixie Dust pass, especially when checking in on Sunday and checking out on Saturday. I'm free to do other things without the "obligation" of immediately heading to a park. On my upcoming trip, I plan on seeing a 4pm matinee of Cirque with time in DS and dinner wherever. On Saturday checkout day, I have a brunch ADR at Homecomin'. These are things I probably wouldn't do with weekend access to parks.

dovetail65

Are you under the impression that parks tank 50% in recession?

Try 10…if it’s bad. And they have to adjust to lure people there…it always has and will work

But your lord Bob said to his broker he could charge unlimited prices and cut costs…because of “the brand”
And sold a nonsense belief of a “post recession world”

Blue ocean theory.

Here we go
You are so right.
Anyone can look up the park earnings going back 20 years and look at the revenue and Profit for the parks alone. Even in the worst of time the parks make money, recession or not. They may make less some years, but they don't lose money by any stretch.

Disney Parks came out "relatively unscathed" as many economists put it, by the 2008 - 2009 crisis.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are so right.
Anyone can look up the park earnings going back 20 years and look at the revenue and Profit for the parks alone. Even in the worst of time the parks make money, recession or not. They may make less some years, but they don't lose money by any stretch.

Disney Parks came out "relatively unscathed" as many economists put it, by the 2008 - 2009 crisis.
I think iger’s move to increase base prices behind the housing crash discounts was his most successful financial move. Bravo

If you remember the boards back then…people went for the gag hook, line and stinker

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Walt Disney World will resume Annual Pass sales online beginning April 20th.

Select DVC Members will be able to purchase the Sorcerer Pass online beginning April 13.

"For eligible DVC Members, we’ve got great news for you too, as you’ll have the opportunity to purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass online beginning April 13 as part of your Membership Magic benefits.** "

pdude81

Walt Disney World will resume Annual Pass sales April 20th.

Select DVC Members will be able to purchase the Sorcerer Pass online beginning April 13.

"For eligible DVC Members, we’ve got great news for you too, as you’ll have the opportunity to purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass online beginning April 13 as part of your Membership Magic benefits.** "

No more waiting on hold for MS!

pdude81

Haha this is the 3rd date they planned to bring them back. Also, not sure if they announced it but the plan is for DVC to not lose access during future pauses.
From the email I just got:

"The DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass is expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents.**"

tanc

The price sky rocketing in 2019 was a necessary thing I guess. But man do I miss when annual passes were sub $1000. I can't justify a pass that I can't use anytime and have to plan every visit. A huge reason I loved the AP was just being able to enter on a whim without having to plan. I know it is coming back in some sort of capacity but it just isn't all the time, which diminishes the value to me.

pdude81

Resale DVC owners (non grandfathered) won't be able to get access to the IncrediPass just as frequent I'd imagine, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
It seems to me that they severed any special relationship to the Platinum/Incredipass when they killed off the discount post covid reopening.

Thelazer

For over $1000 per person, family of 4 with there top tier passes.. lets just say.. that's easily 5k.
That should include ANY TIME anywhere, no blackout and ZERO reservations.

Disney Glimpses

Resale DVC owners (non grandfathered) won't be able to get access to the IncrediPass just as frequent I'd imagine, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
The way it was explained to me is that DVC Sorcerer is a completely new pass type that they have separate levers for. If/when they pause sales again, direct DVC members will only have access to that pass (or not at all if things get really bad).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom