News Walt Disney World to resume complimentary parking at its resort hotels

Chi84

Premium Member
They're saying "Disney keeps raising prices and we're getting less and less back in return."

Do you not Think that's a valid complaint?
If that’s what they feel about Disney, then it’s valid for them.

Honestly, though, in the two years prior to COVID we had our very best trips to WDW. The only thing that has really had a negative impact on us was the elimination of FP+. Even then I can understand that what worked for us didn’t work for others so I didn’t come here and complain 24/7.

Of course people have valid complaints, but some of them raise complaining to an art form - even when Disney does something good. It gets exhausting.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You're creating an imaginary false dilemma, here.

Disney has not been "holding the line" on prices at all.

Everything has been going up well faster than the rate of inflation in recent years while what they offer has been going down in quality, portions, standards, availability, etc.

That isn't standing still.

People aren't (as far as I can see) saying "Disney should stay cheap while fixing and improving all this stuff!"

Because Disney was never "cheap" and is currently more expensive than ever.

They're saying "Disney keeps raising prices and we're getting less and less back in return."

Do you not Think that's a valid complaint?

Your pixie dust levels are below acceptable levels. Please report to Disney Reindoctrination Camp stat. Can't you just sit back and enjoy all the just-above-empty words that come from Iger's mouth?? He and Josh truly want what's best for the park consumers, they've said so in interviews! We should all be rejoicing and planning at least 57 WDW vacations over the next 5 years.

Rickcat96

It's my half-hearted attempt at making my posts seem shorter.

For the record, I hope for them and me that it's just Universal's 3rd gate that's spooked them.

Responding to competition is, I think, the only thing that Wall Street will accept that won't be bad for the rest of us in the greater scheme of things (like a full on recession would be).
I just think they went so far that they wont be able to recover. Disney got so drunk on the revenue received from these cash grabs, they cant afford to give them up.

wannabeBelle

Do ya think Disney saw this about Frisco Texas?? Marie
1673465594856.png

wannabeBelle

Personally, I can live without housekeeping. I can make my own bed. I certainly don't vacuum my own bedroom or clean my own bathroom on a daily basis. The lack of it should be reflected in the pricing however. The gift card was a win win. They value the consumer but cost Disney very little (how much did they really pay to manufacture the t-shirt I paid $50 for with my gift card, for example).
But that should be your choice, not the hotel that you are staying at. If they want to incentivize that choice, that is fine too. Not to offer housekeeping when other resorts of a similar type are, is just wrong. Marie

MrPromey

Do ya think Disney saw this about Frisco Texas?? Marie
View attachment 691308
Universal needs a new concept for families with young children (and old folks) in central Florida.

That's the huge gaping hole in their current lineup.

My mom got a pass after my son and I did to go with us a few times and can't comfortably do most of what's on offer.

I waited so long to get a pass for him because most of the stuff was too intense in one way or another (and plenty still is).

Even things like Kong and Race Through NY are a little too bumpy and rocky for mom.

Wondering if maybe that's why the area over by ET in the studios is shutting down but if so, I think it's the wrong approach.

They really need that kind of stuff sprinkled all over - not just isolated to a new kid-zone meant to replace the old one where it separates families.

Beyond the nostalgia we all feel, that's Disney's real advantage, here.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Not to get too far off topic here but I have some high hopes for Epic Universe. Im sure Uni knows that they need more family friendly attractions. It remains to be seen if they can deliver. Marie
We know there will be at lest one with Yoshi.

I'd love to get the Secret Life of Pets they have in Cali over here but at Studios somewhere in the back-lot area where it seems like it would fit thematically and provide the kind of mix that area needs more of.

I'll behave now and go back to talking about parking prices, too! ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Personally, I can live without housekeeping. I can make my own bed. I certainly don't vacuum my own bedroom or clean my own bathroom on a daily basis

We can also make our own food... or entertain ourselves... but when we go out we like to be pampered and catered to as guests :)

Coming back to a made bed freshly setup along with other little touches is part of the escape from the normal home grind.

MrPromey

If that’s what they feel about Disney, then it’s valid for them.

Honestly, though, in the two years prior to COVID we had our very best trips to WDW. The only thing that has really had a negative impact on us was the elimination of FP+. Even then I can understand that what worked for us didn’t work for others so I didn’t come here and complain 24/7.

Of course people have valid complaints, but some of them raise complaining to an art form - even when Disney does something good. It gets exhausting.

... Okay, I'm starting to see what you're talking about.

Hitchens

I think it's a smart move that differentiates WDW from Universal in a positive way, and encourages guests to stay at WDW resorts.
Of course, Disney can always make up this revenue by raising hotel prices if the demand is there, but I hate extra fees & would rather have parking included.

They'll need to keep this parking free at least through 2025, the year Universal's Epic Universe opens.

3 transportation questions:

Is it still really expensive to rent cars in Orlando?

Any updates on when a train will open from the Orlando airport & WDW?

What was the parking fee at the reasonably priced, always sold-out Star Wars Galactic Hotel?

Also, while discussing good news, I'm glad the huge view-blocking barges on the World Showcase lagoon will be leaving.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I think it's a smart move that differentiates WDW from Universal in a positive way, and encourages guests to stay at WDW resorts.
Of course, Disney can always make up this revenue by raising hotel prices if the demand is there, but I hate extra fees & would rather have parking included.

They'll need to keep this parking free at least through 2025, the year Universal's Epic Universe opens.

3 transportation questions:

Is it still really expensive to rent cars in Orlando?

Any updates on when a train will open from the Orlando airport & WDW?

What was the parking fee at the reasonably priced, always sold-out Star Wars Galactic Hotel?

Also, while discussing good news, I'm glad the huge view-blocking barges on the World Showcase lagoon will be leaving.
1. Relative
2. Years and years
3. Valet included

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom