Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

Tom

Beta Return
That Finding Nemo area certainly is not the main building, it can't be anything but one of the guest room buildings.

art_of_animation.jpg
[/size][/font]

I maintain my theory that this rendering is extremely misleading, and flat out wrong. I think it's a complete mis-interpretation by the artist of his instructions...or merely "creative license" by merging elements of guest-room buildings and the main building to mis-lead future guests (er, I mean, to market better to guests).

I will be completely awestruck if they build a Value resort that has guest room buildings that look like that. It implies that the rooms will have windows on the outer face of the building, interior corridors, restrooms that are not back-to-back, and a layout that doesn't match the buildings that were already built on site.

This building appears to be curved, which matches the footprint of the "Commercial Building".

JustInTime

That Finding Nemo area certainly is not the main building, it can't be anything but one of the guest room buildings.

art_of_animation.jpg
[/size][/font]

Yep! That is typical value room set up for guest wings (except they are enclosed)! Usually you get a fancy sculpture for the stairs and a little pool/fountain in the courtyard.. My guess is he building behind Crush is for Elevators. 100% guest wing. And the front will be heavily Animation themed. It won't be for 1 specific movie. And from my understanding the older buildings are still going to be used. Perhaps the family suites would be enclosed as shown in the artwork above, and the non-suites will be the outdoor rooms.

Tom

Beta Return
Yep! That is typical value room set up for guest wings (except they are enclosed)! Usually you get a fancy sculpture for the stairs and a little pool/fountain in the courtyard.. My guess is he building behind Crush is for Elevators. 100% guest wing. And the front will be heavily Animation themed. It won't be for 1 specific movie. And from my understanding the older buildings are still going to be used. Perhaps the family suites would be enclosed as shown in the artwork above, and the non-suites will be the outdoor rooms.

The bolded part above is the serious flaw in this rendering. This illustration does not depict a typical Value resort building at all. If it were Value, it would show the guest room doors and exterior corridors with railings. The area for the elevators is also set out too far, without enough of a recess. Look at the existing Pop buildings and you'll see that the center area is significantly stepped back from the exterior.

They've drawn a building with "deluxe" features (i.e. exterior windows, interior corridors) in a grave attempt to mis-lead guests.

Or....they're drastically changing the footprint and features of the "suite" buildings, but they'd need to be at the south end of the property because the buildings at the north end are complete or have already had their slabs poured and plumbing roughed-in, making it infeasible to build what this artist has drawn.

Mr.EPCOT

I maintain my theory that this rendering is extremely misleading, and flat out wrong. I think it's a complete mis-interpretation by the artist of his instructions...or merely "creative license" by merging elements of guest-room buildings and the main building to mis-lead future guests (er, I mean, to market better to guests).

I will be completely awestruck if they build a Value resort that has guest room buildings that look like that. It implies that the rooms will have windows on the outer face of the building, interior corridors, restrooms that are not back-to-back, and a layout that doesn't match the buildings that were already built on site.

This building appears to be curved, which matches the footprint of the "Commercial Building".

I work at Pop, and dimensions of this art seem accurately matched to the existing buildings with appropriate modifications to create an enclosed structure. Can't say I see any curve to it, either. Nothing that would indicate the main building. I highly doubt that they would theme the main building to a particular movie. I could understand this being early blue sky concept art that will be different from the final design, but if this is some weird hybrid rendering of different buildings, then there are a few people that need to be fired.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm still waiting for a new Disney resort with all the rooms themed to Disney World rides and attractions...

For instance, the country bear Jamboree suite on Floor 3!

The Dream-Finder suite on Floor 5!

It's a Small World Cruise Suite on Floor 1!

Mermaid Fin suite on floor 2!

...you get the picture... they ever make a Pixar suite, I won't be staying there.

DTM93

I'd love one that looks like Pixar Place like the buildings are designed like that, anyway. -stops dreaming-
I think that if it looks very similar to the concept art then it will look lovely and I look forward to the finished product. :animwink:

JustInTime

I'm still waiting for a new Disney resort with all the rooms themed to Disney World rides and attractions...

For instance, the country bear Jamboree suite on Floor 3!

The Dream-Finder suite on Floor 5!

It's a Small World Cruise Suite on Floor 1!

Mermaid Fin suite on floor 2!

...you get the picture... they ever make a Pixar suite, I won't be staying there.

Haunted Mansion ones are in the works. We already have Pirates ones.

JustInTime

The bolded part above is the serious flaw in this rendering. This illustration does not depict a typical Value resort building at all. If it were Value, it would show the guest room doors and exterior corridors with railings. The area for the elevators is also set out too far, without enough of a recess. Look at the existing Pop buildings and you'll see that the center area is significantly stepped back from the exterior.

They've drawn a building with "deluxe" features (i.e. exterior windows, interior corridors) in a grave attempt to mis-lead guests.

Or....they're drastically changing the footprint and features of the "suite" buildings, but they'd need to be at the south end of the property because the buildings at the north end are complete or have already had their slabs poured and plumbing roughed-in, making it infeasible to build what this artist has drawn.

I get that part. What I mean is, perhaps the family buildings are inclosed while the others aren't.

Tom

Beta Return
I get that part. What I mean is, perhaps the family buildings are inclosed while the others aren't.

I guess there is the chance of that, but I imagine the room rates will be much higher than those of the Music Suites. If they build the guest room building like the one depicted in the illustration, it's going to be significantly more expensive than any other Value building, and will technically offer an amenity that isn't offered at Disney Value or Moderate Resorts - an enclosed corridor.

4everDory

Can't wait to see updated photos! My DD's are excited about getting to stay here in a couple of years! Enclosed buildings would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that :animwink:

Rob562

Does the newest resort will have a outdoor movie just like the others resort!

You're actually asking about recreational activities at a resort that is barely under construction and whose accuracy of the concept artwork is up for debate, and expecting people to have an answer??? :veryconfu

-Rob

JEANYLASER

Can't wait to see updated photos! I'm so excited about getting to stay here in a couple of years! Enclosed buildings would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom