News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

Miss Bella

My issue is with people being right on top of each other - I know that makes WDW seem like a weird vacation choice.

They could cut capacity by one-half and people would still all crowd in front of the castle for the best view of the fireworks and projections. The dessert parties fixed that for me. We’ve gone to Blizzard Beach at its most uncrowded times and people would still find ways to block the entrances or otherwise encroach on our tiny shady spot. The Polar Patios fixed that.

I understand your point, and it’s a valid one. But my solution is to go with the premium experiences that make WDW comfortable for my family. If the time comes when they price the parks out of our reach, we’ll find a different vacation spot.

I’m not going to forgo the experiences that make WDW enjoyable for me in the hopes that it will change Disney’s focus or direction. Others may disagree and I respect their opinion.
We took a five year break from WDW. I felt priced out and I wanted to travel internationally. I think many of our international cruises and trips cost less than or close to the same as our WDW vacations. Much like you I liked the premium experiences.

I'll take advantage of the lower prices while I can. When I can travel and cruise again I don't see myself going back to WDW. Even with the deep discounts they are offering it's still a very expensive vacation, but it's the best vacation option at the moment.

TrainsOfDisney

We took a five year break from WDW. I felt priced out and I wanted to travel internationally. I think many of our international cruises and trips cost less than or close to the same as our WDW vacations. Much like you I liked the premium experiences.

I'll take advantage of the lower prices while I can. When I can travel and cruise again I don't see myself going back to WDW. Even with the deep discounts they are offering it's still a very expensive vacation, but it's the best vacation option at the moment.
Have you / would you consider the international parks?

Jrb1979

Have you / would you consider the international parks?
Outside of the US Disney parks I don't have much interest in international ones. Partly cause Europe has much better parks then DLP. Japan has some good parks other then Disney there.

In Europe I would choose Efteling, Europa park, Alton towers and Thorpe Park ahead of DLP.

In Japan Narashima Spaland and Fuji Q Highland over Disney there too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Outside of the US Disney parks I don't have much interest in international ones. Partly cause Europe has much better parks then DLP. Japan has some good parks other then Disney there.

In Europe I would choose Efteling, Europa park, Alton towers and Thorpe Park ahead of DLP.

In Japan Narashima Spaland and Fuji Q Highland over Disney there too.

Euro is a beautiful park...a much better mix of style-art/disney nostalgia/thrills.

Studios sucks.

The problem is since it was such a financial disaster...they’ll struggle to invest/get out of stagnant forever.

Miss Bella

Euro is a beautiful park...a much better mix of style-art/disney nostalgia/thrills.

Studios sucks.

The problem is since it was such a financial disaster...they’ll struggle to invest/get out of stagnant forever.
I've been to Europe four times and never visited a theme park. There is just too much history and art to explore to bother with theme parks that I can see in the US.

I've been to Canada three times. I love the clean air, beauty, nice people, and all the dogs everywhere. .

Mexico is where I go when I want to get drink, eat and relax. I love Mexico I spent every Summer there as a kid. I know some people are scared of it, but I've never felt uncomfortable there.

Miss Bella

Ever been to any museums or historical sites in central Florida? What about the Everglades?
I'm going to be completely honest with you my kids have seen more of other countries than they have of their own. It's one of my regrets, We had a D.C trip planned for Dec. but obviously that fell through. We shall see what this year brings.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've been to Europe four times and never visited a theme park. There is just too much history and art to explore to bother with theme parks that I can see in the US.

I've been to Canada three times. I love the clean air, beauty, nice people, and all the dogs everywhere. .

Mexico is where I go when I want to get drink, eat and relax. I love Mexico I spent every Summer there as a kid. I know some people are scared of it, but I've never felt uncomfortable there.
I generally agree with you.

My wife and I spent 9 days touring Paris and the surrounding area and we decided to go on our last day to the park on an unplanned whim. It was very cheap at the time (2005) and a nice distraction. Would have never “planned” it...just a spur of the moment thing.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm going to be completely honest with you my kids have seen more of other countries than they have of their own. It's one of my regrets, We had a D.C trip planned for Dec. but obviously that fell through. We shall see what this year brings.

Hey life’s short! I don’t think there’s a wrong way to vacation. Summer of 2019 I spent over a week in California and went to Disneyland everyday. I had planned on visiting LA, Knotts, and taking the train down to San Diego one day, but between my AP, good weather, and crazy low crowds cause of the Star Wars AP blackouts I couldn’t get enough of the place.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I agree with all of this. In non-Covid times that‘s the kind of statement that gets you a whole bunch of negative feedback around here though. I‘ve been on the receiving end. I love Disney parks but if I’m in France it’s a real low priority for me. I would probably consider a day in Japan since I’ve heard so much good about those parks and there are a handful of rides that are really unique.
One of the few benefits of living in the Northeast is that we have the luxury of being in driving distance of so many of those types of attractions. The Smithsonian Museums in DC are pretty amazing. Lots of historical stuff all around. Where you are you can drive to Vegas so that may be a wash for me, or would have been in my younger days ;). What we lack in climate up here we make up for in history I guess, just don’t visit in the winter months :)

DisneyDebRob

I agree with all of this. In non-Covid times that‘s the kind of statement that gets you a whole bunch of negative feedback around here though. I‘ve been on the receiving end. I love Disney parks but if I’m in France it’s a real low priority for me. I would probably consider a day in Japan since I’ve heard so much good about those parks and there are a handful of rides that are really unique.

One of the few benefits of living in the Northeast is that we have the luxury of being in driving distance of so many of those types of attractions. The Smithsonian Museums in DC are pretty amazing. Lots of historical stuff all around. Where you are you can drive to Vegas so that may be a wash for me, or would have been in my younger days ;). What we lack in climate up here we make up for in history I guess, just don’t visit in the winter months :)
Isn’t that the way? I mean the liberty bell and the place our nation started is a half hour from you and I Goof.... and I haven’t been to see it in 20 years or so. Had many drinks in one of the oldest bars at City Tavern.. and never took the stroll up the road to see some of the most historical things in this country. Thanks for the reminder.. need to do that again soon.
I’m thinking it’s not that unusual though for people living close to neat things to not go often. My brother lived in Palm Springs before he passed and I remember him telling me he wasn’t in Vegas or the Hoover dam for 15 years. Maybe we all need that local vacation and enjoy what history is around us.
D.C. is amazing though along with Baltimore Harbour. I get there every few years.

Minnesota disney fan

Isn’t that the way? I mean the liberty bell and the place our nation started is a half hour from you and I Goof.... and I haven’t been to see it in 20 years or so. Had many drinks in one of the oldest bars at City Tavern.. and never took the stroll up the road to see some of the most historical things in this country. Thanks for the reminder.. need to do that again soon.
I’m thinking it’s not that unusual though for people living close to neat things to not go often. My brother lived in Palm Springs before he passed and I remember him telling me he wasn’t in Vegas or the Hoover dam for 15 years. Maybe we all need that local vacation and enjoy what history is around us.
D.C. is amazing though along with Baltimore Harbour. I get there every few years.

I agree with people living close to interesting and well known places and never going.
We moved to Tennessee a while ago, and didn't even make it to the Tootsie's and the others on Music Row for 8 years!!! We went to the Grand OLe Opry once, but it took us 4 years to get there. I don't know why that is, but there you go...

Miss Bella

I've never been to the Grand Canyon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom