News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Every little bit helps.

That ship has sailed long ago. We know from genotyping that the prevalent strain in NYC came from Spain and spread from there. There were no controls from NYC or NY state to prevent travel from there to elsewhere for quite a while. People tried to flee its spread as well as the imposed local restrictions and brought it along, naturally one of those destinations was Florida. Then the blame game started with retaliatory travel restrictions which by that point were pure politically motivated.

DisneyCane

It's funny how China is still so condemned for spreading the virus overseas. But now, angry folks who are protesting that they can't travel are super willing to continue aiding in that spread.
China is condemned because, at the time, the virus only existed in a small geographic area and may have been able to have been controlled or eliminated with a very targeted quarantine and lockdown. Most of the condemnation is because they knew about it and how contagious it was and didn't tell any other country. At this point, it is everywhere in the world. If you are infected and contagious you will aid the spread by coming into close contact with uninfected people no matter where you are. The travel part is largely irrelevant at this point.

legwand77

Maybe some day the US will get out of being in a Zombie apocalypse.
Perspective, not quite the zombie apocalypse that you are saying, I have traveled fine all throughout the country 20+ states, Disney multiple times, multiple memorable vacations with family since March. Disney trips were a blast and some I will never forget. All this while following all guidelines. Been to large sports events. Seen live shows. Flown almost every week. Frankly other than wearing masks in stores/restaurants and on planes. Life hasn't been too much different, and all this while following all guidance. It is not as extreme either way, nothing near what you are describing, and it isn't just me but all the other families I see out as well. Understand risk and follow local guidelines and make the correct choice for you, whatever that choice may be.

Last edited:

zengoth

Upping capacity plus holiday weekend at The Studios today (saturday) and the park still seemed uncrowded. Wait times under an hour meant we got to ride everything (including runaway railway twice). Rules were followed. People and cast were pleasant. The only irritation were lines for shopping - 45 min to get into the Black Spire marketplace only to be met with individual lines for each shop open. Patience and a good attitude definitely makes the day better.

castlecake2.0

Perspective, not quite the zombie apocalypse that you are saying, I have traveled fine all throughout the country 20+ states, Disney multiple times, multiple memorable vacations with family since March. Disney trips were a blast and some I will never forget. All this while following all guidelines. Been to large sports events. Seen live shows. Flown almost every week. Frankly other than wearing masks in stores/restaurants and on planes. Life hasn't been too much different, and all this while following all guidance. It is not as extreme either way, nothing near what you are describing, and it isn't just me but all the other families I see out as well. Understand risk and follow local guidelines and make the correct choice for you, whatever that choice may be.
I was having this discussion with my partner last night. I was working on DCL when this all started and we were shut down, spent a month on board before being sent home to Canada, flew back to Florida to be with my partner, back and forth to Canada a few times, been to Disney multiple times, still go out to shop and eat, the big thing is we follow all the rules! Always social distant, wear our masks, keep our social bubble limited to under 10 people, and if we go somewhere (Walmart being one example) where we felt the business and patrons aren’t following rules or being safe, we leave and don’t go back.

disney is where we feel safest, and yes not saying 100% of guests are following the rules 100% of the time, that’s why my partners current job right now Is incredicrew, but Disney has done a great job setting the place up to operate safely in this crazy time.

BatStang2000

We were at WDW from Nov 9 - Nov 20, 2020 staying at AKL Jambo House. Except for the weekend, the lobby was a ghost town, we didn't even see one other family on our trips from our room to the bus stop most days. We were usually the only people waiting for our bus except for our MK days and even then the bus did not fill. We were able to grab Rise boarding passes both of our DHS days. Most wait times posted were exaggerated by at least 30%. We felt much safer there than we did when we returned home and had to make a Target run. We did have 3 cases of folks following too close in line, all 3 times, we just stepped aside and let them go ahead of us. Some folks simply can't follow directions even if it is printed right in front of them every 6 feet. Unless we went at rope drop, I felt the crowd capacity was very good. We walked on a lot of attractions including FOP, Space Mountain, Soarin', Haunted Mansion, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Pirates and even Peter Pan. Our longest waits were for Jingle Cruise, Smuggler's Run and Mickey's Runaway Railway, but even on those, the line continuosly moved. Overall, we had a great time, much more relaxed, but we did miss some of the things we normally experience. Spent more time in the room than normal, but having a savannah view made that ok too.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Better for social distancing

C4DDCEE8-F8D5-44A9-B1EC-A8E55B0CC448.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom