News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

TrainsOfDisney

Remember that some people eaters are shows which aren't running due to COVID. Indy, BATB, FOTLK, and Nemo come to mind. This also has the effect of distributing crowds to the other attractions which are open.
Entertainment could be offered in those theaters right now. They are closed because of budgets, not because of COVID.

JohnD

Entertainment could be offered in those theaters right now. They are closed because of budgets, not because of COVID.

Some of it has to do with the show formats as well.
  • Indy: Needs a "crowd" for Egypt stunt scenes. Sure you could space guests further apart while keeping several guests balancing on one leg. But during various stunt scenes the "crowd" is close together. May need to revise show to remove crowd temporarily .
  • FOTLK: Guests no longer in floor seating. Too close to cast members performing. Couldn't have kids dancing with cast either at the end of the show. Move guests farther up, space them every other row, with empty space within rows as in other theaters.
  • Nemo: Some scenes are in the aisles. Would have to move those to the central stage or remove them temporarily. Apply the usual every other row and spacing within rows.
  • BATB: This one is the most immediately ready to re-open as the entire show is on the stage and guests are sufficiently separated already.

TrainsOfDisney

Some of it has to do with the show formats as well.
  • Indy: Needs a "crowd" for Egypt stunt scenes. Sure you could space guests further apart while keeping several guests balancing on one leg. But during various stunt scenes the "crowd" is close together. May need to revise show to remove crowd temporarily .
  • FOTLK: Guests no longer in floor seating. Too close to cast members performing. Couldn't have kids dancing with cast either at the end of the show. Move guests farther up, space them every other row, with empty space within rows as in other theaters.
  • Nemo: Some scenes are in the aisles. Would have to move those to the central stage or remove them temporarily. Apply the usual every other row and spacing within rows.
  • BATB: This one is the most immediately ready to re-open as the entire show is on the stage and guests are sufficiently separated already.
Oh yeah, I meant “entertainment” not existing shows as is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But just because they slap something there...doesn’t mean it will soften the crowd crunch.

This is where too much information is a curse. People read birnbaums and watch vloggers to determine what they’ll do. If they put a cheap act in place in place of the lion king show...word gets around an nobody bites. All those people end up bottlenecked in pandora anyway.

Disney parks operate like a machine...you have to have all the parts/dynamics in place for the engine to run.

And as we always say - correctly - they fell behind and don’t have enough as is under NORMAL conditions. It’s gonna get ugly if they try to increase the attendance with the distance measured and still have all their crowd control systems turned off.

The numbers won’t work.

MAGICFLOP

WDW should remove all crowd limits and let whoever wants to go, go. People get it by now and know how to distance themselves, I would still have separations in the lines and on rides, if the waits are too long so be it, people can decide if it is worth it or not.. It would be not fair for a family to head there and not get reservations to get in..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WDW should remove all crowd limits and let whoever wants to go, go. People get it by now and know how to distance themselves, I would still have separations in the lines and on rides, if the waits are too long so be it, people can decide if it is worth it or not.. It would be not fair for a family to head there and not get reservations to get in..

Nope...recipe for disaster

Rejected by the legal department

Bocabear

How would it be to get there and find that all the virtual queues are full and every attraction has a 90 minute wait after paying your $100 per person entrance fee...and the shows are not running and many of the restaurants are closed.... Best to keep it limited for now... We went last weekend and found it too crowded for safety, the lines outrageously long, and lots of peripherals closed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How would it be to get there and find that all the virtual queues are full and every attraction has a 90 minute wait after paying your $100 per person entrance fee...and the shows are not running and many of the restaurants are closed.... Best to keep it limited for now... We went last weekend and found it too crowded for safety, the lines outrageously long, and lots of peripherals closed.

Absolutely...I can’t figure out how people understand how little the operation works to suggest such things

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Bocabear @Sirwalterraleigh
As of yesterday’s entertainment cuts, Disney’s solution is to offer even less for the socially-distanced crowds to do.

At some point people will stop coming due to longer wait times and less things to do.
They really don’t WANT Anyone there...all the moves scream that.

I said it since May...they are free to do anything to prove me wrong

Archie123

Ridiculously dumb idea.

Bocabear

@Bocabear @Sirwalterraleigh
As of yesterday’s entertainment cuts, Disney’s solution is to offer even less for the socially-distanced crowds to do.
I believe it! And whoever the genius was that came up with the idea of moving most of the food and wine bo0oths indoors into a recirculated air room didn't think that one through all the way....Though the AC called my name I stayed away... There are lots of things closed at EPCOT right now too...IMHO stay away for a while until they work the bugs out...It was certainly not worth it with the risks involved.

Parker in NYC

Just stop, magic flop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom