News Walt Disney World theme park ticket price increases go into effect March 12 2019

LuvWDW2

The Site That Shall Not Be Named is reporting that these price increases is for tickets sold for dates beyond December 16, 2019. All other sites don't say that and seem to be stating that this is immediate. Can anyone confirm either way?

My tickets for 8/30/19 went up $4.50 (5 day park hopper).
Amazing how he justs posts stuff without knowing.

RANDUMB0

my wife and I are getting AP in July for the year...My daughter will turn 3 before our trip next summer could I buy tickets now and then not use them till next summer? Since I am sure they will be more expensive next summer

Yes you could buy an AP for your daughter today and wait until next summer to activate it to save money

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It starts today for all tickets? Like, if I purchased a ticket for tomorrow, it would be at an increased price? That is the part that was unclear based on what "that one site" said.
The new pricing is in effect for today. So for example, if you buy a water park annual pass tomorrow, it will be at the new pricing. Or if you bought a 4 day ticket for July 4 week, it would be at the +$9 a day pricing (compared to yesterday's pricing)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The new pricing is in effect for today. So for example, if you buy a water park annual pass tomorrow, it will be at the new pricing. Or if you bought a 4 day ticket for July 4 week, it would be at the +$9 a day pricing (compared to yesterday's pricing)

So they didn't give even their usual 24 hours of notice, they just dropped the price increase mid-week and said, "Have a magical day!!!". Well, ok then...

Kman101

We just re-upped yesterday afternoon. We were going to do it at Disney Springs on Sunday but it was an hour wait just to be seen. Sure, it took me longer than that to scratch off and add all of the cards together on-line, but at least I was in my A/C and sitting down.

I was going to do the same thing last year at Disney Springs but saw the ridiculous wait and said nope ... did it at the Epcot ticket window booth in next to no time at all (was upgrading at the time). This year, just renewed it online, lol.

Tom P.

My tickets for 8/30/19 went up $4.50 (5 day park hopper).
Amazing how he justs posts stuff without knowing.
Interestingly, I posted a comment on that article asking about the date claim. He has since updated the article with the correct information, but without noting that it was a correction. He also did not allow my comment to come out of the moderation queue and go public.

kong1802

Kind of a hefty increase.

We've been eyeing a 3 or 4 day FL Resident ticket for July... Waited a little too long, now they are 7.57% higher. Ouch

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
How does it work if you have booked a package for the summer that includes tickets? We only paid the deposit so far, of course, as that's all they require. Does our package price change?
It will not change unless you either change your ticket media or change your dates on the package.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom