News Walt Disney World theme park ticket price increases go into effect March 12 2019

Janir

surprised by no AP increase... but I'll take it. Maybe they sense their loyal AP repeat visitors are beginning to question their normal repeat patterns
I'm glad for no AP increase. I've been putting off buying our AP for our late summer trip as I don't need to tie up the money in APs that I won't activate until August anyways. I figure I'll get the passes maybe 2 months before we go or if there IS any announced AP increase.

DocAlan02

How does it work if you have booked a package for the summer that includes tickets? We only paid the deposit so far, of course, as that's all they require. Does our package price change?

Michele Clauser

I am going in August this year on a package trip but I still have 3 5 day Waterpark Magic and More tickets that have never been used since I bought them in 2016. They will still be usable at any time I decide to go back right? At least that is my understanding that they are good until used. ( Was planning on maybe a return and booking a room only reservation for 2021 when my daughter Graduates High School trip,)

Michele Clauser

How does it work if you have booked a package for the summer that includes tickets? We only paid the deposit so far, of course, as that's all they require. Does our package price change?
No I think once you book your trip as long as you don't cancel it your tickets remain that same as when you initially booked. I am still paying on my trip for August as well.

Princess Leia

Universal would be wise to keep their ticket price static this year. If you purchase a ticket for today at either WDW or Universal, it'll cost you $125 and $114 respectively. The only new attraction at Universal will be Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (I know I'm missing 2 words in there), and I'm not sure if that alone is enough for a price increase.

It really looks like Disney is trying to minimize crowds at DHS... which really isn't going to work.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I bought an AP a couple of weeks ago so I could get TIW (since I am a DVC resale owner) but planed on getting the wife a 3 day ticket for our September "get-away/cryaboutI:ROEleaving" and the wife and kids an 8-day ticket for the Thanksgiving trip.

Based on the increase and running the numbers again, I just called the wife and told here she is getting an AP (over a $100 savings now, if buying through Disney). I also went on TouringPlans to see who had the cheapest 8-day tickets for the kids. Based on those dates, it was UndercoverTourist. So, the kids tickets are bought and linked in MDE and the wife's AP will be bought when I get my Sams email with the discount DisneyGiftCards.

Well, I certainly did not expect to do this on a Tuesday morning. I thought after last Sunday being in the clear that we might not have an increase for a while.

Tom P.

The Site That Shall Not Be Named is reporting that these price increases is for tickets sold for dates beyond December 16, 2019. All other sites don't say that and seem to be stating that this is immediate. Can anyone confirm either way?

CJR

I find it funny they lowered the price for preferred parking by $5 during off peak days. I don't imagine that's a big enough discount to persuade anyone to get it who wouldn't have otherwise. This likely will just cost them $5 in profit since most people who are willing to pay $45 would probably still pay $50. Don't quite understand the logic.

olie64

my wife and I are getting AP in July for the year...My daughter will turn 3 before our trip next summer could I buy tickets now and then not use them till next summer? Since I am sure they will be more expensive next summer

Kman101

Universal would be wise to keep their ticket price static this year. If you purchase a ticket for today at either WDW or Universal, it'll cost you $125 and $114 respectively. The only new attraction at Universal will be Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (I know I'm missing 2 words in there), and I'm not sure if that alone is enough for a price increase.

It really looks like Disney is trying to minimize crowds at DHS... which really isn't going to work.

I agree with you, but all the other parks usually follow suit at some point after Disney does it. Universal has stagnated at a bit for me, Hagrids looks incredible and I can't wait, but I agree, they shouldn't raise the price this year. But they will because "they can" just like Disney can keep raising them and raising them.

draybook

Probably the next one lol. I'm surprised too, but I'm glad I renewed in early February just in case.

We just re-upped yesterday afternoon. We were going to do it at Disney Springs on Sunday but it was an hour wait just to be seen. Sure, it took me longer than that to scratch off and add all of the cards together on-line, but at least I was in my A/C and sitting down.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom