Walt Disney World theme park parking fees set to rise tomorrow

Rob562

Whats amazing about your post is the amount of abuse I got for even SUGGESTING that WDW would discontinue the monorail, Fast forward a couple months - regular people are wondering WHEN Disney will be closing the monorail. Now with the "maintenance" keeping the monorails shut down for most of the day, One really wonders whether the maintenance is simply a test to see if they can get away with shutting them down.

I'm long term DVC too and I've considered selling as more and more is cut while prices climb at rates far exceeding inflation.

Didn't the mid-day monorail closures end weeks ago?

-Rob

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hasn't universals parking fee been more expensive than Disneys for a bit?

Edit: Universals parking is $16 so it was a dollar higher than Disney's. At least they have a parking garage which helps during the summer
As of Friday, Uni raised parking to $17. For that you get a garage, and walk to the park that is insanely long. It's got to be as long as the walk from Disneyland's structure to the park, but Disney gives you a tram.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Speedramps.
Not much speed, but they do exist from the parking structure to citywalk. You're on your own from there. My 75 year old father was not amused. My four-year old son would not have been amused either, had we not brought the stroller.
Covered and cool too!

It's still a hefty hike from the parking lot to the park gates. Not that I mind much, I walk all the way from Int. Drive, just to enjoy the sunshine and the Florida outdoors.

The length of the walk wasn't an issue for me. The time was annoying, as we already had limited time in the parks (particularly the day they closed at 6 for grad bash). And for older people or kids who are just out of strollers, bigger problem.

WDWDad13

As of Friday, Uni raised parking to $17. For that you get a garage, and walk to the park that is insanely long. It's got to be as long as the walk from Disneyland's structure to the park, but Disney gives you a tram.

tada... it's like magic

so where is the outrage we had when Disney raised their prices? *queue the crickets*

BigThunderMatt

Universal also offers tiered parking rates where the more you pay the closer you get. Disney has everybody pay the same but how close you actually get is a crap shoot. At least at Universal you know if you pay the $17 you're not getting a prime spot.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Universal also offers tiered parking rates where the more you pay the closer you get. Disney has everybody pay the same but how close you actually get is a crap shoot. At least at Universal you know if you pay the $17 you're not getting a prime spot.

True, although you have put that in a more positive light than I would! Charging an extra $5 to even have the chance of a decent spot seems rather [insert your own negative word -- mine is "annoying"]. That said, even the closest Uni spots (which we had because my dad has a disability parking permit) are still a long long way from the gate.

Disnee4Me

Not that I've ever done this because we've stayed on property since 1997, but couldn't you say, Park at DTD and then take one of the buses to the parks? :devilish:

CDavid

if this were Disney there would be complete outrage... example: "those money grabbing criminals just charging more for closer parking spots... how dare they... I'm never going back", etc. etc.

On the contrary, done properly there is nothing at all wrong with paying a premium price to receive a premium service. Indeed, Disney already offers preferred parking for an extra price at its resorts - it's called valet parking. I'm not sure how practical such a service would prove on a theme park scale, but it would be fine in principle.

71jason

tada... it's like magic

so where is the outrage we had when Disney raised their prices? *queue the crickets*

Over on the Universal subboard, mostly, which is arguably where it belongs. Rather than turn yet another News & Rumors thread into The Great WDW v. Universal Debate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom