Walt Disney World theme park parking fees set to rise tomorrow

CDavid

It's probably because the Disney water parks are so out of the way compared to Aquatica and Wet n Wild. At those parks you could theoretically park there for free and then walk a couple blocks to Sea World or Universal. Where could free-parkers walk to from TL or BB?

From the Disney water parks you can get a bus to any resort, transferring there to reach the theme parks, just as easily as people do so from Downtown Disney. Blizzard Beach to Coronado Springs is even walkable, though its a bit of a hike, for more direct theme park access.

Lucky

Blizzard Beach to Coronado Springs is even walkable, though its a bit of a hike, for more direct theme park access.
There are no sidewalks. You'd be walking in the street for a ways. Same thing if you walk into TL from DTD.

kucarachi

Of course they are. Can we ever just go more than a year without a price hike? Universal warrants their price increases since they actually build headline attractions in the parks. I have no problem paying more for a premium product that is constantly adding new stuff with substance, but I have a real problem with the current rate of inflation at WDW without building any new headline attractions. Sorry had to have a mini rant.

not sure what recent headline attractions you are talking about at Universal...Harry Potter is at least 4 years old and all they are adding is more stores and gift shops. Disney built and is still building a new fantasyland with 1 major ride (dwarfs), shows, major lunch and dinner destinations (beauty and beast), family rides (mermaid)..try getting your kids out of dumbos circus play tent...they just built 1 brand new vacation club resort and started a new one, there's Avatar land, and possibly star wars land at the studios...and like it or not they created those bracelets that let you go to the pool, or waterpark and have a waterproof wallet right on your wrist..no sticking your wallet in your shoe or walking a mile to the locker to get it to eat...not sure what you want exactly but you have to at least be happy with one of those additions

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
not sure what recent headline attractions you are talking about at Universal...Harry Potter is at least 4 years old and all they are adding is more stores and gift shops. Disney built and is still building a new fantasyland with 1 major ride (dwarfs), shows, major lunch and dinner destinations (beauty and beast), family rides (mermaid)..try getting your kids out of dumbos circus play tent...they just built 1 brand new vacation club resort and started a new one, there's Avatar land, and possibly star wars land at the studios...and like it or not they created those bracelets that let you go to the pool, or waterpark and have a waterproof wallet right on your wrist..no sticking your wallet in your shoe or walking a mile to the locker to get it to eat...not sure what you want exactly but you have to at least be happy with one of those additions
Universal is opening a new Potter land in the Studios park this summer with 2 major attractions. This will compliment the land already in Islands of Adventure.

The_CEO

Disney seems to be doing their best to make ALL Disney destinations an exclusive resort for the rich or moderately wealthy. Just solidifies why I can not afford to give the Disney experience to my child in the near future. I use to go to Disney SO much when I was younger with my family. Not sure how anyone can honestly afford to spend a few thousand dollars at a minimum for a Disney vacation. I am with the majority here and agree that Universal has substantial reasons to hike prices because of their expansions. Just think of the thousands of people who aren't on forums and will be blind driving into a price hike scenario. Ok enough complaining. :)

CDavid

There are no sidewalks. You'd be walking in the street for a ways. Same thing if you walk into TL from DTD.

Yes, there is a sidewalk the complete distance from Blizzard Beach to Coronado Springs. There is also a sidewalk the other direction, past McDonald's connecting to each of the All-Star Resorts.

Dean1953

I plan on being offsite from December 21 to January 10 with a family of 6. We all have 10 day MYW tickets and had considered upgrading at least one of the tickets to AP for the free parking. Now, it's very likely that I will do it.

Potter

Disney seems to be doing their best to make ALL Disney destinations an exclusive resort for the rich or moderately wealthy.

This is not true given our progressive tax system that provides a windfall to the destitute via tax refunds. This is why Disney has been able to get away with all the price hikes and keep the parks full. Disney knows that the poor are not financially responsible and will continue to pay these prices. Once our tax system returns to normalcy, the poor will be taken out of the equation, visitation will decrease and prices will follow suit (or at least not increase like they have over the last 5 years).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom