Walt Disney World theme park parking fees set to rise tomorrow

TheRabbit

I'm suprised they haven't begun charging to park at the water parks. Wet n Wild started doing that many years ago, same with Aquatica. I don't agree with it, just making the observation that Disney seems to be one of the only places in town that doesn't charge for water park parking.

DisLuver

Well, isn't resort occupancy down yet park attendance up? They have to make up the cost on over-priced rooms being vacant somehow.

It's still cheaper to stay offsite and pay for parking and a rental car than staying onsite, so it won't move people onsite, unless they fall for the cost of parking adding value.

bhg469

Well, isn't resort occupancy down yet park attendance up? They have to make up the cost on over-priced rooms being vacant somehow.

It's still cheaper to stay offsite and pay for parking and a rental car than staying onsite, so it won't move people onsite, unless they fall for the cost of parking adding value.
Attendance is fabricated, the numbers reported at events are never correct or accurate. Sporting events announce attendance and it is very loosely based on what they expected. Events like fairs, festivals and theme parks are often padded by extreme amounts often double and triple what they claim.

You know those numbers that they show you on a score board at sporting events? They aren't made up, they come from people like me. And I have never given a number that wasn't padded by someone down the line.

PhotoDave219

Attendance is fabricated, the numbers reported at events are never correct or accurate. Sporting events announce attendance and it is very loosely based on what they expected. Events like fairs, festivals and theme parks are often padded by extreme amounts often double and triple what they claim.

You know those numbers that they show you on a score board at sporting events? They aren't made up, they come from people like me. And I have never given a number that wasn't padded by someone down the line.

Sporting events are based on tickets sold. And yes, there are ways to manipulate that.

bhg469

Sporting events are based on tickets sold. And yes, there are ways to manipulate that.
Sometimes, but the "ways to manipulate" are nothing more than saying a number that sounds cooler. I make my living in the ticketing industry, and I promise sporting events are usually very close. Concerts are pretty accurate because a lot of time artists will not go on stage until a certain number of bodies are in the building. The worst offenders are festivals and theme parks. I do not have Disneys numbers but I guarantee they report at least 50% more than what they actually get through the gates. I have seen people announce 200% or more and cringe because it is so far off from the very accurate numbers I give them.

PhotoDave219

Sometimes, but the "ways to manipulate" are nothing more than saying a number that sounds cooler. I make my living in the ticketing industry, and I promise sporting events are usually very close. Concerts are pretty accurate because a lot of time artists will not go on stage until a certain number of bodies are in the building. The worst offenders are festivals and theme parks. I do not have Disneys numbers but I guarantee they report at least 50% more than what they actually get through the gates. I have seen people announce 200% or more and cringe because it is so far off from the very accurate numbers I give them.

Theyre not. Those estimates are pretty spot on. 17 Million is 40k a day. They do that easily at MK.

bhg469

Theyre not. Those estimates are pretty spot on. 17 Million is 40k a day. They do that easily at MK.
Do they even announce this for anyone to verify?
But do they count re entry? Do they count the occasional local that shows a few times a week to do nothing more than grab dinner and leave? I

just do not believe based on my previous visits that attendance is increasing yet not as many hotel rooms are being used.

Yes they pull in more regular numbers than any of my venues but I have set up events that have more people in a day. This summer I am setting up an event that is projected to have 200k people in the gates, even if they hit that mark, the number for the event will be reported higher.

DManRightHere

Of course they are. Can we ever just go more than a year without a price hike? Universal warrants their price increases since they actually build headline attractions in the parks. I have no problem paying more for a premium product that is constantly adding new stuff with substance, but I have a real problem with the current rate of inflation at WDW without building any new headline attractions. Sorry had to have a mini rant.

Not the disney/universal compare again!

$2 increase in less than a year is terrible. Neither park should be $17.

Rob562

I'm suprised they haven't begun charging to park at the water parks. Wet n Wild started doing that many years ago, same with Aquatica. I don't agree with it, just making the observation that Disney seems to be one of the only places in town that doesn't charge for water park parking.

It's probably because the Disney water parks are so out of the way compared to Aquatica and Wet n Wild. At those parks you could theoretically park there for free and then walk a couple blocks to Sea World or Universal. Where could free-parkers walk to from TL or BB?

At the Disney water parks they don't run trams that have to be maintained and fueled, and they don't employ CM's to guide you to parking spaces like the theme park lots. (At least I don't think they direct you...It's been a while since I've driven to the water parks)

-Rob

Cesar R M

This disturbs me as well. I've written the company several times mentioning this, but so far nothing has been done about it.
shhh, dont let them know... ;)

on serious things.. maybe its due of capacity and usage wise?
MK is always filled to the teeth with people.
I Disney wants them all to use the Bus system at all costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom