Walt Disney World theme park parking fees set to rise tomorrow

Scuttle

Of course they are. Can we ever just go more than a year without a price hike? Universal warrants their price increases since they actually build headline attractions in the parks. I have no problem paying more for a premium product that is constantly adding new stuff with substance, but I have a real problem with the current rate of inflation at WDW without building any new headline attractions. Sorry had to have a mini rant.

WDWDad13

I agree it's becoming pretty crazy with constant price hikes....but people are still going to pay it...so if it goes towards new things....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Of course they are. Can we ever just go more than a year without a price hike? Universal warrants their price increases since they actually build headline attractions in the parks. I have no problem paying more for a premium product that is constantly adding new stuff with substance, but I have a real problem with the current rate of inflation at WDW without building any new headline attractions. Sorry had to have a mini rant.
I could say the same thing about a bunch of stuff I have to buy, but what are you going to do? If you want to go, you will pay it.

wdwfan22

Remember Universal went years without any major additions and still raised prices like Disney did.

Cody5242

Hasn't universals parking fee been more expensive than Disneys for a bit?

Edit: Universals parking is $16 so it was a dollar higher than Disney's. At least they have a parking garage which helps during the summer

Scooter

I have never understood the concept of paying to park somewhere you're going to pay to get into and spend money while you're there. I don't have to pay to park at the grocery store...or my local Mall. But if I go to see a Chicago Bears Football game it costs me $35 to park my car there even though the tickets are 85 dollars each.
It just doesn't make sense. Why don't they just figure the cost of parking into the admission? I don't have to worry at Disney because I always stay on property but it still seems crazy to me. Where will it end? I would think there would be a breaking point where people will finally stop going but I guess not. I just hate to see it come to the point where only the wealthy will be able to afford to enjoy a Disney Vacation.

Bolt

I guess you can pretend Avatar isn't being built.

roj2323

I have never understood the concept of paying to park somewhere you're going to pay to get into and spend money while you're there. I don't have to pay to park at the grocery store...or my local Mall. But if I go to see a Chicago Bears Football game it costs me $35 to park my car there even though the tickets are 85 dollars each.
It just doesn't make sense. Why don't they just figure the cost of parking into the admission? I don't have to worry at Disney because I always stay on property but it still seems crazy to me. Where will it end? I would think there would be a breaking point where people will finally stop going but I guess not. I just hate to see it come to the point where only the wealthy will be able to afford to enjoy a Disney Vacation.

Areas of business are run separately. The parking fees go towards operational and maintenance cost for the parking lot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
At the grocery store virtually everyone is driving and parking there unless you are talking about an inner city grocery store that people walk to. In this case parking is paid for by those who need it. A large portion of guests at WDW don't drive to the parks so they shouldn't have to pay for parking in their admission tickets. Same goes the other way for buses or boats. The price of those is built into the hotel rates instead of the cost of the theme park tickets. Someone not staying on property shouldn't have to foot the bill for the boat that takes guests to the Wilderness Lodge. Charging per car also encourages people to carpool. Maybe not a big deal at WDW, but more relevant to your sports parking example.

I think that extra money should go towards paying the parking lot CMs a little more for their efforts. What are the odds that happens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom