Walt Disney World Resort hotels now charging handling fees for in-room deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So if you send an outside order to the front, where CM interaction is required, it’s free. If you send it directly to your room, and no CM interaction is needed, they want $6?

homerdance

If this is truly delivery to my room and not to guest services, this is very fine. I mean we tip way more then that whenever we have things delivered to our room. But if this is for them to hold stuff at Guest Services this is a bad.

peletbr

What about the purchases you do at the theme parks and want them to be delivered to your room?

bigrigross

So if you send an outside order to the front, where CM interaction is required, it’s free. If you send it directly to your room, and no CM interaction is needed, they want $6?

Yeah, I am confused by this. If its going directly to the room, how would they even know how to charge you? I guess security could log it at the gate, but that seems like it would cause backups because those guys usually have several orders delivered at once. This would especially be troublesome at DVC resorts especially OKW as there isnt a bypass gate and it gets backed up pretty decently itself under normal circumstances. Or does it mean that if you want CMs to deliver the delivery to your door that they will charge you then?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Yeah, I am confused by this. If its going directly to the room, how would they even know how to charge you? I guess security could log it at the gate, but that seems like it would cause backups because those guys usually have several orders delivered at once. This would especially be troublesome at DVC resorts especially OKW as there isnt a bypass gate and it gets backed up pretty decently itself under normal circumstances. Or does it mean that if you want CMs to deliver the delivery to your door that they will charge you then?

Our Amazon Now orders have been left with bell services upon delivery. We would then have to contact bell services for them to bring the order to our room. I’m assuming bell services will keep track of the room deliveries.

bigrigross

Our Amazon Now orders have been left with bell services upon delivery. We would then have to contact bell services for them to bring the order to our room. I’m assuming bell services will keep track of the room deliveries.

Gotcha. Last time I ordered to my resort (Amazon Now), I put my hotel number in and they met me at the front of the hotel room (OKW). It wasnt delivered to Bell Services. I am going to assume that was probably stopped.

Club Cooloholic

Gotcha. Last time I ordered to my resort (Amazon Now), I put my hotel number in and they met me at the front of the hotel room (OKW). It wasnt delivered to Bell Services. I am going to assume that was probably stopped.
I wonder if given the nature of the layout of okw its just easier for everyone to just drive down to your building.

bigrigross

I wonder if given the nature of the layout of okw its just easier for everyone to just drive down to your building.

Not sure, but I could see Disney not wanting to let companies do that as it would "break the magic". That was about a year ago though so not sure when I order again this May if they will directly deliver. Havent tried other resorts. Its no big deal if I have to pick up from bell services though. Better that than wasting 2 hours at a store especially since I will have a 15 passenger transit van this year. Orlando scares me more than Atlanta due to all of the vacationers not knowing where they are going.

Club Cooloholic

Not sure, but I could see Disney not wanting to let companies do that as it would "break the magic". That was about a year ago though so not sure when I order again this May if they will directly deliver. Havent tried other resorts. Its no big deal if I have to pick up from bell services though. Better that than wasting 2 hours at a store especially since I will have a 15 passenger transit van this year. Orlando scares me more than Atlanta due to all of the vacationers not knowing where they are going.
I always tell my wife I will be right back when making a store run, then I enviably get lost trying to get to that Publix before I know it an hour and half has gone by.

bigrigross

I always tell my wife I will be right back when making a store run, then I enviably get lost trying to get to that Publix before I know it an hour and half has gone by.
I remember the last time I looked for the sams club, it sent me the opposite way and on the toll road that you had to have exact change on. I had no change at that time. One of the reasons I broke down and bought a Sun Pass. Best purchase ever. Especially now that Atlanta toll bypass accepts it.

bigrigross

Over a year ago, I sent a package ahead to pick up at the front desk when we arrived and was charged 5.00, so this is not new.
Grocery deliveries are different than packages. Usually grocery deliveries are delivered by couriers and not UPS/FEDEX/USPS. Anything delivered by them is charged a 5 dollar package fee. Grocery delivery was not counted under that. So it is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom