Walt Disney World Railroad refurbishment - September 28-November 8

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hasn't the Lilly Belle been in Pennsylvania for the last 3 years or more?
Yes, but that is typical really. I got the chance to work on a steam restoration once and it took years, finding the right people and waiting for their schedule to free up, money changes, grants lose, more rust then expected. Anything and everything on these projects go wrong.

jt04

So I wrote up in Imagineering forum that Disney could convert the WDWRR into a Hogwarts Express type experience. Coincidence?

Seriously though, there would be many many benefits. Including making expansion easier for the MK without being limited by what guests might see from the RR.

It would increase the immersive quality of not just the attraction but the MK as whole.

It would save tons of money as the trees and theming used to hide backstage areas would not have to be maintained any longer to the same level.

Because Disney has its own animation department the passenger cars would not have to be divided but rather the animation could be presented as an entire panorama of the horizon instead of the chopped up way it is on Hogwarts which has the same visual playing on each individual screen.

And it could be done far less expensively because much of the infrastructure is already in place.

Plus it would be air conditioned. :cold:

Victor Kelly

So I wrote up in Imagineering forum that Disney could convert the WDWRR into a Hogwarts Express type experience. Coincidence?

Seriously though, there would be many many benefits. Including making expansion easier for the MK without being limited by what guests might see from the RR.

It would increase the immersive quality of not just the attraction but the MK as whole.

It would save tons of money as the trees and theming used to hide backstage areas would not have to be maintained any longer to the same level.

Because Disney has its own animation department the passenger cars would not have to be divided but rather the animation could be presented as an entire panorama of the horizon instead of the chopped up way it is on Hogwarts which has the same visual playing on each individual screen.

And it could be done far less expensively because much of the infrastructure is already in place.

o_O:banghead:

wogwog

Talked to a WDWRR engineer of 20 years today that I know as a reliable source on MK in general, not a bus driver ;), and here are the facts as his Manager told him. The dates above are correct for the closing. Last year was primarily for the bridge fix and some track work. This year is for more extensive sections of track ballast and ties. In addition the block control system will be brought up to state of the art status matching a public railroad. He and the other cast on the RR will be redeployed to other positions and return after the down time.

roj2323

Ugh..... please........ no

NearTheEars

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

jt04

I'm with you, leave the WDRR the way it is!!!

Something needs to be done. Way too many backstage areas are visible and the concept needs to be updated. It works at someplace like Disneyland but not so much at WDW anymore. Security and operational costs etc. I once had the experience of seeing the train stop and then seeing CM's evidently chasing someone who either jumped off or was trying to board from a backstage area.

My concept would eliminate all that mess. And could easily out shine Hogwarts Express.

Rinx

I'm not sure how it would be far less expensive considering they would need two dozen brand new passenger cars, regardless of the existing infrastucture.

jt04

I'm not sure how it would be far less expensive considering they would need two dozen brand new passenger cars, regardless of the existing infrastucture.

See post 52 also. I would guess it would be half the price of Hogwarts which is all very expensive elevated rail. Can't imagine what the train station in the London section cost. Had to be a lot.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Something needs to be done. Way too many backstage areas are visible and the concept needs to be updated. It works at someplace like Disneyland but not so much at WDW anymore. Security and operational costs etc. I once had the experience of seeing the train stop and then seeing CM's evidently chasing someone who either jumped off or was trying to board from a backstage area.

My concept would eliminate all that mess. And could easily out shine Hogwarts Express.
So you want them to rip off the Hogwarts express... instead of just going to Universal and riding it for yourself?
If we start to see Disney ripping off smaller competitors ideas, then we all need to stop giving them our dollars!

jt04

So you want them to rip off the Hogwarts express... instead of just going to Universal and riding it for yourself?
If we start to see Disney ripping off smaller competitors ideas, then we all need to stop giving them our dollars!

Well it would be no more of a rip-off than what Uni has done by ripping off a concept intended long ago at World Showcase. And of course WDI could do a much better job if given the chance. There are plenty of tourist dollars to go around it seems to me.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Well it would be no more of a rip-off than what Uni has done by ripping off a concept intended long ago at World Showcase. And of course WDI could do a much better job if given the chance. There are plenty of tourist dollars to go around it seems to me.
Oh Japan. So much potential.

EpcoTim

They could, how? What rip-off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom