Walt Disney World Railroad refurbishment - September 28-November 8

Cmdr_Crimson

At least it's open when I arrive on the 10th...Although my only gripe....Is the narration. Don't get me wrong but, when I hear the new spiel it doesn't feel as authentic when Earl Boen did the Narration. It would have been nice to have brought him back for it. They still use his narration on the DL Railroad..

elisatonks

To the best of my awareness there is no plans other than regular maintenance for the trains themselves, any extensive work will be contracted out. The work is mostly for tracks and stations, and is basically finishing work that wasn't done last year and work that needed to support operational updates. As for Lilly Belle she is coming back, we just don't know when yet. I sure she will just appear in the roundhouse one day!

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm also curious how it can be unforeseen yet still run for 3 months before they fix it, must be a part or rail that has to be manufactured that takes a long time to build.

Props to Disney for not only refunding the tour money but to also offering a complimentary tour, takes a little of the sting out of the tour being cancelled.

wdw71fan

I know that they will be replacing the track bed (ballast) during the maintenance.. I don't know of anything on the engines or rolling stock being done, but It would be logical for it to happen at the same time... but others are right, 5 weeks isn't enough time to overhaul one engine, let alone 3.

Lilly Belle? Last I heard was that it would be back soon... but that was MONTHS ago...

GrumpyFan

Yep. So what was the point of the refurb a year ago? The same thing and they found out it was enough so a new refurb is needed?
They didn't replace all of the rails around MK, only some spot work as needed in various places. This is likely a continuation of some of that work, as well as ongoing maintenance.

ml123_9

I know that they will be replacing the track bed (ballast) during the maintenance.. I don't know of anything on the engines or rolling stock being done, but It would be logical for it to happen at the same time... but others are right, 5 weeks isn't enough time to overhaul one engine, let alone 3.

Lilly Belle? Last I heard was that it would be back soon... but that was MONTHS ago...

Hasn't the Lilly Belle been in Pennsylvania for the last 3 years or more?

Matt_Black

Yep. So what was the point of the refurb a year ago? The same thing and they found out it was enough so a new refurb is needed?

It could just have been preventive maintenance. You know, the thing that people here complain that TDO doesn't do enough

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom