Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Touchdown

Never say never...if I were a betting man I’d take the over on a March debut, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable making a bet either way on any time after Memorial Day. I think it will debut well before October 1 but it‘s too soon to say exactly when.
Meh, I’m pretty sure Martin said they 3-6 months of Epcot Forever shells so while I give an outside chance of fireworks returning next month, I think EF! will return by this summer and Harmonious debuts in the last quarter of the year.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Meh, I’m pretty sure Martin said they 3-6 months of Epcot Forever shells so while I give an outside chance of fireworks returning next month, I think EF! will return by this summer and Harmonious debuts in the last quarter of the year.
I didn’t know that. I just assumed once fireworks came back to EPCOT it would be the new show.

They can’t repurpose the shells from the old show? I know nothing about fireworks you can’t learn from a stop at South of the Border on your way down I-95 so I acknowledge that my question may be really ignorant. Either way, fireworks in any form would be pretty cool to see. I assumed the new show would be done by the 50th at the very latest but likely sooner.

Touchdown

I didn’t know that. I just assumed once fireworks came back to EPCOT it would be the new show.

They can’t repurpose the shells from the old show? I know nothing about fireworks you can’t learn from a stop at South of the Border on your way down I-95 so I acknowledge that my question may be really ignorant. Either way, fireworks in any form would be pretty cool to see. I assumed the new show would be done by the 50th at the very latest but likely sooner.
They could, but then you debut the new show with repurposed shells which is bad show, as they won’t be the exact intended show. That, and they don’t want a stampede of locals right away, best to trod off the old show while Covid smoulders out.

legwand77

Looks like rumors are strong for Remy opening in a couple of weeks. Probably one additional reason for the EPCOT hours. The ride is tested and ready to go.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I expect that line to go all the way around the world showcase.
Then have stamps of Remy in countries you waited in an extended line. Remy in Japan, Remy in Germany, Remy in Mexico ... Remy in space ... Remy on a parking lot tram.

Do we know if Ratatouille is using a virtual queue or traditional queue. Going vitual could help even out park passes by getting people to book EPCOT as first reservation instead of making it a planned hopper park, a step to smooth reservations across parks.

Miss Bella

Then have stamps of Remy in countries you waited in an extended line. Remy in Japan, Remy in Germany, Remy in Mexico ... Remy in space ... Remy on a parking lot tram.

Do we know if Ratatouille is using a virtual queue or traditional queue. Going vitual could help even out park passes by getting people to book EPCOT as first reservation instead of making it a planned hopper park, a step to smooth reservations across parks.
I don't know if you been to WDW during the pandemic if you haven't you'll be amazed at how long the lines get due to the social distancing. I'm not joking when I say it might go around the whole world showcase. I like your stamp idea.

I haven't heard anything about a virtual queue. I have mixed feelings about those. Getting one for ROTR adds a level of stress to the trip.

Chomama

I have heard virtual but obvi not a guarantee

legwand77

I don't know if you been to WDW during the pandemic if you haven't you'll be amazed at how long the lines get due to the social distancing. I'm not joking when I say it might go around the whole world showcase. I like your stamp idea.

I haven't heard anything about a virtual queue. I have mixed feelings about those. Getting one for ROTR adds a level of stress to the trip.
Lately, the social distancing in lines has dropped off a good bit since the fall winter times. It is getting down to little or none in some cases.

legwand77

Record air travel numbers from yesterday 1.57 million. (up 775% from same day last year ;);) - @GoofGoof ). Still down of course from the usual 2.5M but airports are showing signs of life again. Especially considering business travel is traditionally around 20% or it is not really happening now. Accounting for lack of business travel, leisure travel is up to 80% of previous levels if not a bit more. Also very little international travel. Doesn't look like it will drop below 1 million a day again.

Miss Bella

Record air travel numbers from yesterday 1.57 million. (up 775% from same day last year ;);) - @GoofGoof ). Still down of course from the usual 2.5M but airports are showing signs of life again. Especially considering business travel is traditionally around 20% or it is not really happening now. Accounting for lack of business travel, leisure travel is up to 80% of previous levels if not a bit more. Also very little international travel. Doesn't look like it will drop below 1 million a day again.
CDC won't be happy about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom