Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney extended the weekend hours for the last two weekends in October to roughly match the hours they extended last week for the first two weekends of October.
Weekends have more people attending (which would make sense since it’s a weekend not a work day). With less capacity on attractions, in stores and in eateries, guests were spending more time not riding, shopping or eating.

Paris has done the same.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They already returned the fleet
There’s a used car lot somewhere in the area with a lot of cars for sale at a discount...either that or with a fresh paint job;)

Edit: Found them ;)
C5F4B276-6C8C-4629-B139-32460578041F.jpeg

Last edited:

legwand77

It has to be below 2,100 for a weekly average so like I said a few weeks to a month if the trend continues.

Travel restrictions to/from Florida should be lift relatively soon looking at the numbers, likely this month.

Hopefully Florida will reach this in the next week or so, right now it is around 2350. A big number is about to roll off the weekly so if new positives test stay down this week it should meet the 2100 number. FL has already hit the <5% number, sitting at 3.75% for the 7 day average and 14 day at 4.17%. Tue/wed will be a big tell as that is when they tend to run a lot of data

I thought it would have been sooner but I think the numbers are right near a baseline for testing. I underestimated the number of positive tests in asymptomatic or non sick people that came from schools and unis. Now that schools, colleges have been back for a month or so and numbers still have stayed steady or even lowered a bit, unless there is a outbreak at a LTC facility or prison etc. I don't see the new positive test numbers raising or dropping significantly.

Hospitalizations have also hit a baseline it seems after dropping around 80%. So I don't think there will be much change there. However the fact the CLI continues to drop is a really good sign going forward. Good thing is the hospital resources/healthcare situation, which is why we are doing all this in the first place, is in a very good place.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Travel restrictions to/from Florida should be lift relatively soon looking at the numbers, likely this month.

Hopefully Florida will reach this in the next week or so, right now it is around 2350. A big number is about to roll off the weekly so if new positives test stay down this week it should meet the 2100 number. FL has already hit the <5% number, sitting at 3.75% for the 7 day average and 14 day at 4.17%. Tue/wed will be a big tell as that is when they tend to run a lot of data

I thought it would have been sooner but I think the numbers are right near a baseline for testing. I underestimated the number of positive tests in asymptomatic or non sick people that came from schools and unis. Now that schools, colleges have been back for a month or so and numbers still have stayed steady or even lowered a bit, unless there is a outbreak at a LTC facility or prison etc. I don't see the new positive test numbers raising or dropping significantly.

Hospitalizations have also hit a baseline it seems after dropping around 80%. So I don't think there will be much change there. However the fact the CLI continues to drop is a really good sign going forward. Good thing is the hospital resources/healthcare situation, which is why we are doing all this in the first place, is in a very good place.
They just lifted all restrictions on bars and restaurants. I would be more cautious in assuming the numbers will continue down. That is likely to result in a bump up but it usually takes several weeks to see the results (based on past spikes related to re-openings). Look at NYC and the bump in numbers there from opening indoor dining. The last 2 days are also the result of the weekend dip which happens every week with a decrease in cases and testing. If the numbers stay low tomorrow and Wednesday then it’s something to get excited about. I’m not saying the numbers don’t look better, but I’m also not convinced that FL gets off the travel quarantine lists this week and stays off. It still may take some time to absorb the roll back of restrictions. It could happen that fast, but I’m skeptical it happens before November and if it does a tick back up could result in being added back to the lists.

legwand77

If the colleges and schools didn't cause an increase in positive tests, lifting capacity limits in bars and restaurants from 75% to 100% is not going to move the needle, plus these restrictions were not just lifted, they have been lifted for 10 days now. But anything could happen though, it is 2020.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If the colleges and schools didn't cause an increase in positive tests, lifting capacity limits in bars and restaurants from 75% to 100% is not going to move the needle, plus these restrictions were not just lifted, they have been lifted for 10 days now. But anything could happen though, it is 2020.
Remember back to May when a week or two after re-openings started there were a whole lot of people patting themselves on the back saying that no meaningful increase in cases meant the restrictions were not needed....then came the major spikes a few weeks later. It takes time for the exponential community spread to occur that results in a spike. It doesn’t happen in 10 days. Who says college and school openings didn’t cause an increase? At least in FL, cases were trending down when colleges went back and we definitely saw a slowing of the decrease and a plateau in numbers. There’s no way of saying yet if bars and restaurants having no restrictions will result in an increase or not. It’s all going to come down to people’s actions. I’m skeptical people will avoid those obviously bad situations.

legwand77

Remember back to May when a week or two after re-openings started there were a whole lot of people patting themselves on the back saying that no meaningful increase in cases meant the restrictions were not needed....then came the major spikes a few weeks later. It takes time for the exponential community spread to occur that results in a spike. It doesn’t happen in 10 days. Who says college and school openings didn’t cause an increase? At least in FL, cases were trending down when colleges went back and we definitely saw a slowing of the decrease and a plateau in numbers. There’s no way of saying yet if bars and restaurants having no restrictions will result in an increase or not. It’s all going to come down to people’s actions. I’m skeptical people will avoid those obviously bad situations.
I also remember when the parks opened and it was going to cause hospitals to overflow, healthcare would be limited, the next NY/NJ etc etc. That was also the case when schools were going to open, university opening (note 70K test were C19 positive for universities so far only 3 hospitalizations nationwide), sports being played, fans in the stands etc etc.

"Who says college and school openings didn’t cause an increase?" Well the fact there hasn't been an increase says exactly that. If i have less money in my account than I did a week or month ago I don't think I have more.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I also remember when the parks opened and it was going to cause hospitals to overflow, healthcare would be limited, the next NY/NJ etc etc. That was also the case when schools were going to open, university opening (note 70K test were C19 positive for universities so far only 3 hospitalizations nationwide), sports being played, fans in the stands etc etc.

"Who says college and school openings didn’t cause an increase?" Well the fact there hasn't been an increase says exactly that. If i have less money in my account than I did a week or month ago I don't think I have more.
Hospitalizations have nothing to do with travel quarantines. That’s not one of the metrics most states look at.

If I add $100 to my bank account but my wife takes $200 out of the same account that day did I add money to the account? Yes, even though the account balance went down. There’s no way to know what the exact impact of any one activity is but we do know FL cases in particular were heading steadily downward and when schools (especially colleges) opened that decrease paused and then plateaued. People here were predicting FL would be off the travel lists by Labor Day. That never happened because the decline paused. Was the pause related to schools opening? Who knows for sure, but we certainly can’t say opening schools didn’t result in more cases (it’s documented that some students were positive) what’s unknown is how much of the community spread was related to that. A student who was positive infects their father or a guy at the grocery store. I’m not saying schools shouldn’t be open (I am fine with that as long as they have good plans in place) and I am certainly not opposed to WDW being open.

I hope I’m wrong and you are right and FL cases drop and there’s no impact from removing all those restrictions and FL comes off the travel ban lists and stays off. That would be great news for WDW and all of us who like to visit there. I’m not rooting for a bad outcome for FL. My frustration comes from the opposite side. I want things to improve there and I want to see WDW succeed and re-open more. I am just being realistic about the problem with bringing back the masses to WDW. Without a significant improvement in statistics (which will also allow less restrictions and higher capacity) they aren’t going to get the demand back they need to re-open fully.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
More things added to the parks , Chef Mickey's annouced character dining in December
Makes sense. Now that they have done it successfully a few places I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes back other places. As long as the characters don’t go table to table I don’t see a reason they can’t do it anywhere.

RSoxNo1

Hospitalizations have nothing to do with travel quarantines. That’s not one of the metrics most states look at.

If I add $100 to my bank account but my wife takes $200 out of the same account that day did I add money to the account? Yes, even though the account balance went down. There’s no way to know what the exact impact of any one activity is but we do know FL cases in particular were heading steadily downward and when schools (especially colleges) opened that decrease paused and then plateaued. People here were predicting FL would be off the travel lists by Labor Day. That never happened because the decline paused. Was the pause related to schools opening? Who knows for sure, but we certainly can’t say opening schools didn’t result in more cases (it’s documented that some students were positive) what’s unknown is how much of the community spread was related to that. A student who was positive infects their father or a guy at the grocery store. I’m not saying schools shouldn’t be open (I am fine with that as long as they have good plans in place) and I am certainly not opposed to WDW being open.

I hope I’m wrong and you are right and FL cases drop and there’s no impact from removing all those restrictions and FL comes off the travel ban lists and stays off. That would be great news for WDW and all of us who like to visit there. I’m not rooting for a bad outcome for FL. My frustration comes from the opposite side. I want things to improve there and I want to see WDW succeed and re-open more. I am just being realistic about the problem with bringing back the masses to WDW. Without a significant improvement in statistics (which will also allow less restrictions and higher capacity) they aren’t going to get the demand back they need to re-open fully.
The governor of Massachusetts has explicitly said on numerous occasions that one of the most important things they look at for assessing the virus is hospitalizations. However, to your point on imposing quarantines, that's not what is used by any state to my knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom