Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

ToTBellHop

And, thus, I'm sure if they wanted people to stay 'til close, and deal with the problems that can bring, they would do it. But, apparently,
they don't.
They want people at Epcot. Anyone with an admission to DAK, MK, or DHS could be offered admission to Epcot after 4 pm pretty easily. Just have to get the Epcot monorail line going...

RFM57

It'd be nice if hopping was allowed to Epcot at least, and that the 9pm closing time for that park was reinstated.
I'd LOVE to be able to park hop when I am there in a few weeks, but it has been explained several times why that is a problem right now. Likewise, it has been explained why Disney does not want parks open after dark. (No, it is not because sunlight kills COVID...) So, as Marni, et al, has said serveral times, when they think it is safe, they will do so. Until then, live with the restrictions or don't go. No use trying to tell them what they should do when they know what they need to do to meet their goals (which probably aren't the same as your goals).

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'd LOVE to be able to park hop when I am there in a few weeks, but it has been explained several times why that is a problem right now. Likewise, it has been explained why Disney does not want parks open after dark. (No, it is not because sunlight kills COVID...) So, as Marni, et al, has said serveral times, when they think it is safe, they will do so. Until then, live with the restrictions or don't go. No use trying to tell them what they should do when they know what they need to do to meet their goals (which probably aren't the same as your goals).
Intense much?

I'm not demanding anything, nor am I telling anyone what to do. I was simply expressing a thought, which is after all, one of the purposes of these forums.

What is the reason, I don’t want to spends hours finding it 😂🤣🤷🏼‍♀️

Figments Friend

Yep.

Labor Day Weekend, folks.
For those not in the U.S., this is a three day weekend for many and is traditionally a big travel weekend.
It is also often looked upon as the last big 'hurrah' of Summer.
A lot of folks get together and go off to do something fun during this long weekend.

Also, it's the last Summer weekend for families with kids in the Northeast, as school starts this coming week for many.
All the 'big WDW visitor States' like NY, MA, NJ, PA, etc.
There are many from those areas who visit Florida during that time before the kids go back to school...but I'm sure there are far less this year due to Covid and travel restrictions.

Also something to keep in mind -
This is the last weekend before Parks hours are changed to the shorter schedule.
So folks wanting to stay in the Parks for a 'fuller day' , this is their last couple of days to do so.

-

legwand77

Universal is already at capacity again today. Disney Springs traffic backed up three miles.

All WDW parks are fully booked for all three buckets for the entire next week, except Thursday for resort guest. So it is not just this weekend. If that continues they will have to extend hours soon.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
All WDW parks are fully booked for all three buckets for the entire next week, except Thursday for resort guest. So it is not just this weekend. If that continues they will have to extend hours soon.

What are you talking about? Plenty of availability at the parks for this coming week, except DHS.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.13.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.13.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.13.42 PM.png

legwand77

What are you talking about? Plenty of availability at the parks for this coming week, except DHS.

View attachment 495573View attachment 495574

View attachment 495575
It changes constantly, as of an hour ago all were booked except resorts on Thursday. Maybe added more capacity ;) I was booking some next week this morning and all was blocked, thanks for the update, was able to grab some passes. 😄 . Still trying to get the DHS that park is booked for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom