Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SeaWorld is the only park in the area currently doing fireworks or any type of nighttime show for that matter, and they do it by making them visible from anywhere. If MK were do to do fireworks, it wouldn't be the typical castle show. Epcot could probably work just because of the lagoon nature of it, but they would need to strictly enforce limits. They have just under 4 more months until the holidays, if they don't have something then that's just a failure of WDW leadership.
No, that’s a worldwide pandemic.

giantgolfer

SeaWorld is the only park in the area currently doing fireworks or any type of nighttime show for that matter, and they do it by making them visible from anywhere. If MK were do to do fireworks, it wouldn't be the typical castle show. Epcot could probably work just because of the lagoon nature of it, but they would need to strictly enforce limits. They have just under 4 more months until the holidays, if they don't have something then that's just a failure of WDW leadership.

Being safe is now a failure of leadership. Got it.

Herdman

If they can't do Fantasmic because of the actors I wonder if they could do some type of fireworks there? it certainly seems like the easiest place with seating that is similar to other attractions they are already using with seats and rows blocked off. They would have to exit by section to keep the bottleneck down as people leave.

markc

Any glimmer of hope for the return of fireworks before years end?

Nope.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Internally, the discussions around the procedures and offerings in Florida are being done with California in mind. What does that mean? Basically - they want to show to Gov Newsom that the procedures in Florida are stringent and safe and dont threaten the health of either the workers or the guests. Fireworks have been deemed an offering that is counter to that due to the crowd gathering aspect (it's even more of an issue in California where crowds will gather in Downtown Disney to watch the fireworks for free without having to go into the parks). Any offering or lapse in judgement in Florida may hinder Disneyland's ability to reopen, therefore they aren't doing anything that will jeopardize that.

celluloid

As said before, I don't want to bash a dream either but Tokyo has a different company fronting the bill that is no real cost to Disney. They are willing to spend and staff it. Not so much here.

Projection shows will be the answer for awhile if we are talking what is likely to happen.

It makes sense. They are low cost in comparison, you can dazzle people enough to give them a reason to stay long enough to maybe get another snack/drink/shop out of them while they try and catch another ride and wait for the show.

You can space people still by having two or if budgeted hours three shows on the castle a night that allows the low crowd level to spread their gathering and exits.

legwand77

I don’t see the positivity rate being 1-2 % in 3-4 weeks. I don’t see travel picking up all that much through Christmas for a variety of reasons. I don’t see hours being increased until globally people feel comfortable traveling across seas into Florida. IMO this is going into next year before we see changes on any of this stuff.
Of course, I’ll be around to eat crow if I’m wrong but so many things need to happen for most of what you mentioned to take place. IMO
Circling back one week later Orange county is now in the 3% range, might hit the 2% range next week, but will probably be more like 2 weeks or so, we will see.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well it looks like Big Ten is looking at reversing their decision and starting football Oct. 10th. Not official but working towards that date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom