Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
How is this going to help Disney at all???? International Travel isn't going to improve - individual countries don't listen to our CDC. Additionally, I don't believe anybody wasn't travelling to Florida from other statues due to any threat of self-quarantine upon return (with the exception of Hawaii) . This new "guideline" will do nothing to improve the current level of guests at the parks, and the hours will stay as they are.
Saw my first WDW ad with the customers wearing masks this morning... advertising will re-ignite the "need" to visit WDW, and I expect more ads saying how this is a great time to go for lower crowds...

legwand77

How is this going to help Disney at all???? International Travel isn't going to improve - individual countries don't listen to our CDC. Additionally, I don't believe anybody wasn't travelling to Florida from other statues due to any threat of self-quarantine upon return (with the exception of Hawaii) . This new "guideline" will do nothing to improve the current level of guests at the parks, and the hours will stay as they are.
There have been many posters on here saying that the return quarantine is one of the big reasons people will not go to Disney right now.

DisneyDebRob

It's hard to imagine a New Years Eve without a countdown clock and Perimiter Fireworks! 🤔
Imagine NYC. Everyone is taking a hit and Disney is no exception. It’s a pandemic, got to keep people safe. Thousands of people crowded together, or in the case of NYC, millions, is just not a good idea at this point. Can’t see fireworks at Disney coming for a long time.

TTA94

I guess it’s going to take the governor to make a announcement for large gatherings to resume before fireworks do? Even then I feel Disney will be to afraid to take the chance. They are going to need to rip the bandaid off at some point. Things will never be 100% safe. Even a vaccine release isn’t going to be the ultimate answer, many probably won’t get, will be to affraid to get it, or may not be able to get it due to availability, cost, etc. that’s likely the reality of the situation. So if Disney is going to wait for all that to be sorted out... then, we won’t see fireworks until 2022 or later. 🙄

Last edited:

Bob Harlem

SeaWorld is the only park in the area currently doing fireworks or any type of nighttime show for that matter, and they do it by making them visible from anywhere. If MK were do to do fireworks, it wouldn't be the typical castle show. Epcot could probably work just because of the lagoon nature of it, but they would need to strictly enforce limits. They have just under 4 more months until the holidays, if they don't have something then that's just a failure of WDW leadership.

Last edited:

TTA94

Not all of them. But this doesn't mean shows this year. The teams also do normal updates and maintenance theirselves.

Shows will resume when it is deemed safe enough.

But do you know what has to happen in order for them to feel like it’s safe enough? Like governors approval for larger gatherings? Maybe they want his approval for backup reasons if any cases try to be linked to Disney for allowing nighttime show gatherings?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But do you know what has to happen in order for them to feel like it’s safe enough? Like governors approval for larger gatherings? Maybe they want his approval for backup reasons if any cases try to be linked to Disney for allowing nighttime show gatherings?
There are signs in Europe a second spike is starting. Management will be watching things very closely - and as we've seen are anxious to go above local rules.

Getachew

SeaWorld is the only park in the area currently doing fireworks or any type of nighttime show for that matter, and they do it by making them visible from anywhere. If MK were do to do fireworks, it wouldn't be the typical castle show. Epcot could probably work just because of the lagoon nature of it, but they would need to strictly enforce limits. They have just under 4 more months until the holidays, if they don't have something then that's just a failure of WDW leadership.

How so? Maybe they shouldn't do it until they believe they are ready and they feel it's safe enough?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom