Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

HongKongFooy

.Disney makes a ton of money off of Character buffet and even non-character sit down restaurants. With indoor dining capacity very limited and buffets off for now that’s another reduction in profits for the mouse.

Opening these restaurants will not help Disney----the property is a ghost town, relatively speaking. On a recent Sunday evening we had the choice of say 6 to 7 tables at Cali Grill **ON THE SAME DAY** we decided to spontaneously dine there.

Ain't nobody on property these days..... And opening 1900 Park Fare and the like will not change that.

joejccva71

Opening these restaurants will not help Disney----the property is a ghost town, relatively speaking. On a recent Sunday evening we had the choice of say 6 to 7 tables at Cali Grill **ON THE SAME DAY** we decided to spontaneously dine there.

Ain't nobody on property these days..... And opening 1900 Park Fare and the like will not change that.

I wouldn't say it's a ghost town because there's still 30-50 minute wait times for the major attractions, but yea parks definitely clear out after 4-5pm.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Although it wasn't comfortable, tell her it wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't really the heat that bothered me. It was getting light headed from wearing it while walking long distances. No matter what people say, even the cloth masks have an effect on you from either restricting breathing or inhaling exhaled CO2/H2O or a combination.

However, it is worth it for the low crowds and wait times. I called it "mask pass" while we were there.
I'm curious if you know but around the resort areas, say while lounging at the pool, do they require you to wear them?

peter11435

Depends on what you're doing.

I wear a mask for the majority of the work day, If I'm not engaged in strenuous activity it's a barely noticeable other than my glasses fogging up occasionally. If I'm engaged in strenuous work (even indoors with AC) the mask (cloth and paper)become inundated with moisture and really become bothersome and obstructs normal breathing to the point at which it needs to be swapped out.
You certainly might need to change your mask a couple times

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You certainly might need to change your mask a couple times

Which is problem many people are having, thinking that cheapo paper mask will last all day and the next. It won't and it shouldn't. I have about a dozen cloth masks that are constantly rotated in the wash. I take 2 or 3 with me each day just incase it needs to be swapped out at any point.

legwand77

Which is problem many people are having, thinking that cheapo paper mask will last all day and the next. It won't and it shouldn't. I have about a dozen cloth masks that are constantly rotated in the wash. I take 2 or 3 with me each day just incase it needs to be swapped out at any point.
but the cheapo disposable surgical ones are much more comfortable in the heat, they "breathe" better

DisneyCane

I'm curious if you know but around the resort areas, say while lounging at the pool, do they require you to wear them?
I believe so. Definitely while walking around the resort. We stayed at Pop a couple of weeks ago. We were only at the resort at night or early morning so I didn't really notice the people around the pool.

chama1

I love the parks in the fall/winter....I am a local and I do spend everytime I go...gee they didn't change the Parking cost either...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I believe so. Definitely while walking around the resort. We stayed at Pop a couple of weeks ago. We were only at the resort at night or early morning so I didn't really notice the people around the pool.
If you are within the pool gates you do not need to wear one. Anywhere else on resort grounds they are required unless in your room or eating.
Appreciate the intel. I am trying to "dip" my toes in the WDW water so to speak with a quick one night/day stay. I figure if I can get her to walk around a bit with a mask in some heat and get her used to it, then hit the pool for a reprieve, then maybe we can go to an actual park this year. 👍

DCBaker

Premium Member
"When Epcot closes earlier next month, there’s good news for “Epcot After 4″ annual passholders.

Those passholders can enter the park two hours earlier starting at 2 p.m., Disney confirmed Wednesday."

"The 2 p.m. entry won’t be a permanent change and is only for days starting Sept. 8 when Epcot reduces its hours and closes at 7 p.m., which is two hours earlier than its current 9 p.m. time this month."

joejccva71

I do say it...... ***relative to its usual/ordinary attendance*** WDW is flat out dead, unsustainable if it's the new model.

Like Universal it appears 1/8 of the numbers of the past 5+ years.

You're giving the impression that by ghost town, that no one is in the parks when that's simply not true.

Right now there are 40 minute waits for Mickeys Runaway, Slinky, FoP, and 30 min waits for Pirates, Navi, Rockin, Tower, and a few other headliners. Yes Slinky and FoP would normally be higher, but I've saw Slinky go over an hour NOT on a Saturday or Sunday.

peter11435

You're giving the impression that by ghost town, that no one is in the parks when that's simply not true.

Right now there are 40 minute waits for Mickeys Runaway, Slinky, FoP, and 30 min waits for Pirates, Navi, Rockin, Tower, and a few other headliners. Yes Slinky and FoP would normally be higher, but I've saw Slinky go over an hour NOT on a Saturday or Sunday.
Yes but remember those attractions are operating at roughly half capacity, sometimes lower. They also have to close for periodic cleanings further reducing capacity. Many attractions and entertainment options around the park are closed which increases demand at what’s open.

There are certainly people in the parks and some modest lines for certain attractions for portions of the day. But you are still generally looking at attendance that is less than 20% of typical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom