Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

icc2515

Entitlement to a lower rate isn’t unwarranted, but the company also has to protect itself. If a price reduction occurred, Disney would have to raise prices once experiences come back, creating a mess with guest satisfaction and happiness.
Well they could always take a lesson from Mr. Mom:

"In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna Disney World Tickets by 50 cents a can $50 per ticket. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices gouging. Until then, remember, we're all in this together subscribe to D+, buy Mulan, and buy more crap at the parks. "

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Woah...those are some ugly hours

because at a certain point they may risk a class action suit because the value that was inferred when the AP was originally purchased is no longer there and the original extensions were made prior to these reduction in hours.
$1000 for the lawyer for every $100 for the consumer.

One of the more weird “covid theories” that has gained steam over the last 5
Months is the AP “class action suit”

They are neither getting sued for AP violation OR have any chance of losing if they did.

DVC dues?...could have lost that...but it won’t happen.

Not gonna happen if you can’t fully use your AP. And even if it did...what’s the point? Everything gets a covid pass - including Disney. It’s not dollar for dollar on anything.

Except a jetski. Buy a jetski is my covid advice.

The “until theres a class action suit” line goes back to the immature “I want my DISNEY!!!” Man baby line.

Bravo to Disney...their people are well trained. Which is how they know everyone will shut up, live with it, and come back.

Wish it wasn’t so.

Buried20KLeague

Well they could always take a lesson from Mr. Mom:

"In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna Disney World Tickets by 50 cents a can $50 per ticket. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices gouging. Until then, remember, we're all in this together subscribe to D+, buy Mulan, and buy more crap at the parks. "

220... 221... whatever it takes.

dreamfinder912

Only if people from Orange County were going to WDW.

I mean...we would....but we can't. If we want to get into DHS we lose an entire park pass on a random date in October...which leaves us two days to hope there's some availability somewhere? I just went to look for epcot to go enjoy a book by the water at sunset before they cut hours and the first weekend day I have is at the end of the month. We'd go if they'd bother to let us in. The AP reservation allotment is a joke.

rowrbazzle

Only if people from Orange County were going to WDW.

I think Chapek be said it's 50/50 locals vs out-of-town (maybe out-of-state?). The rates do seem to be dropping in Florida and across the US overall. They're not where I'd like them to be everywhere, but there does seem to be improvement over the last couple weeks. I hope it keeps up.

Jrb1979

TYOTimer

I mean...we would....but we can't. If we want to get into DHS we lose an entire park pass on a random date in October...which leaves us two days to hope there's some availability somewhere? I just went to look for epcot to go enjoy a book by the water at sunset before they cut hours and the first weekend day I have is at the end of the month. We'd go if they'd bother to let us in. The AP reservation allotment is a joke.
It’s a joke that’s only going to get worse, especially since Silvers and lower can now get back into the parks. So get ready for 2 days a month.

SoFloMagic

I would buy lunch there tomorrow but they won't let me in to the empty park because they're hoping someone will buy a ticket tomorrow morning. They're fools.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
$1000 for the lawyer for every $100 for the consumer.
It is better than what Disney has allotted APs. My buy back would be less than $8 And I was only 4 months into my AP When they closed, which is when the offers were presented. Disney depreciated the APs by the amount of times you had visited the parks with that AP. oddly that isn’t in the terms.

My best guess is their will be a class action suit. My AP doesnt have block out dates. I paid more for Water Parks. My AP entitled me to Park Hop. My AP did not require me to make reservations.

This is ripe for a class action. My thoughts is Disney lawyers are aware And are just trying to get through to the other side. I would not be surprised if a different Disney proposal is floated in the future

Jrb1979

This whole week park pass has been unavailable to APs. I checked every day for every park. I would have gone and I bet I'm not alone. They're banning certain guests and then complaining about empty parks. They're fools.
Those certain guests that are "banned" are the lowest spender as per Lex Luthor (Bob Chapek). So of course they are keeping availability open for the higher spending guest. All I know is I'm glad the theme park I have a season pass treated me good by giving me next year free.

SoFloMagic

Those certain guests that are "banned" are the lowest spender as per Lex Luthor (Bob Chapek). So of course they are keeping availability open for the higher spending guest. All I know is I'm glad the theme park I have a season pass treated me good by giving me next year free.
I totally get that I spend way less than a tourist. But once they know the tourists aren't coming, open them up to APs the day before or day of. I can promise I will spend more than an empty slot does.

joejccva71

Something is weird. I just checked and my AP expires August 28th 2020, but it expired April 2020 already. Really confused.

I know this wasn't the case a few days ago cause I was checking prices on rooms and it was always rack rates. Pop Century was anywhere from $190-200+ a night. Now I check and it says I have the Passholder Summer/Early Fall thing and I checked my profile and it shows "Disney Platnium Pass - Expires August 28th 2020".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So much for being able to enjoy the holiday decorations at night.
Where is the price reduction to compensate for the reduction of experience? @lentesta was just saying how the best plan for Epcot was to arrive after 6pm when the weather is nicer. I liked that idea, we've always taken a break in the middle of the day anyway. So much for enjoying twilight.

I'm cancelling my reservations not because of a virus but because of Disney's response to it. I can't be the only one who feels this way. This isn't something I want to reward with my business.

Shorter hours means less opportunity for distancing so this isn't a safety thing.
That’s not gonna happen...take it or leave it.
well since things are improving currently I would say chances are good
Who’s traveling?
I disagree with this.

Reducing park hours again, no nighttime firework shows, no fastpasses, no park hopping, some restaurants are closed, no Early Magic Hours, park entry reservation system where AP holders are getting the shaft a bit.

But still charging rack rates. I think a small reduction is in order here.

At this point there's literally no reason to stay on-site. Why pay more for getting, well...nothing? Just my opinion.
You missed the part where you don’t have to buy it under these conditions. Probably shouldn’t.
It is going to be weird in the evenings for sure when we go late October. We already have 3 dinners planned at Disney Springs so I guess we'll be spending even more time there. My biggest complaint will be if they don't open up more and extend the hours of open offerings more at the resorts. We're staying at Caribbean Beach and if they are going to close the parks earlier thay need to have alll the options open at the resorts.
It stinks...but I think it’s more likely they close hotel facilities than open them. They’re it “low occ”. I knew it at Caribbean all to well...ironically.
Not going with those low hours, my October trip is on life support I will cancel if hours aren’t increased, there is no value in 8 hour days, period.
Remember: they don’t really want us there.

As good as it is that numbers are getting better. That article says it doesn't matter people are not interested in going to any theme park right now.

And this is why I’m gonna Have to keep saying “you don’t understand...” to everyone talking about crowds and reservations...

If they can’t comprehend this...they don’t understand.

There is no demand and there is a recession.
It is better than what Disney has allotted APs. My buy back would be less than $8 And I was only 4 months into my AP When they closed, which is when the offers were presented. Disney depreciated the APs by the amount of times you had visited the parks with that AP. oddly that isn’t in the terms.

My best guess is their will be a class action suit. My AP doesnt have block out dates. I paid more for Water Parks. My AP entitled me to Park Hop. My AP did not require me to make reservations.

This is ripe for a class action. My thoughts is Disney lawyers are aware And are just trying to get through to the other side. I would not be surprised if a different Disney proposal is floated in the future
There will be no lawsuit so you can ride space mountain...it’s old...anyway...and hasn’t changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom