Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

ParentsOf4

So much for being able to enjoy the holiday decorations at night.
Chances of hours being extended in November and December IF things improve?
Sunset is around 5:30 PM in November and December. I'm sure they'll increase hours once crowds return.

We will miss walking around the World Showcase as the sun is setting. Epcot is closing at 7 PM but sunset is at 7:15 for our next trip in late September. For us, it's relaxing simply walking around the World Showcase as the day cools and the lights come on.

We also will miss having a beer outdoors at the Baseline Tap House as the sun is setting. Disney Hollywood Studios (DHS) is closing at 7 PM. We love just sitting at the Baseline, beer in hand, maybe even playing some cards, people watching. :)

I'm most surprised by the reduced hours at DHS since that park is pulling in the biggest crowds (compared to capacity).

We have another trip scheduled for December. Let's all hope we have reasons to be joyous (beyond Walt Disney World) by then.

because at a certain point they may risk a class action suit because the value that was inferred when the AP was originally purchased is no longer there and the original extensions were made prior to these reduction in hours.
Our Platinum AP‘s renewal date was the beginning of March. We live out of state. I called Disney last month to request a refund. I was told that they would complete the paperwork and send to another department and they would call me back..... still waiting. We have a trip planned in September, but with even more reduced hours and no park hopper, I’m debating if it’s even worth the trip down. Especially since our room at the Poly was cancelled. Disney Magic is quickly fading.

Goofnut1980

Just got a pop up from my app as that affects me with a trip the third week in October. It may not be too bad. With attendance down, I may be able to get as much done with fewer wait times and maybe work in some time to DS.
We go 9/12 for the week. For once. My disney trip will be relaxing and not be doing the disney death march. We will get back to the hotel and be able to relax and watch a movie and not be dragging butt the next day.

DisneyDebRob

The parks have been close to absolutely deserted for the last couple of hours of the day. The busiest park has been Studios and losing one hour there will genuinely make very little impact. I’m honestly surprised at how many people are up in arms about this.
I’m actually surprised everyone isn’t up in arms about this. Keep taking away, keep prices the same and you don’t know why people are upset? Not coming down on you, if you feel it’s worth it, enjoy! For me, and I’m sure others.. it’s not just about going on this 5 times.. and no wait for that..etc. I guess we all saw it coming but don’t have to be happy about it.

Lil Copter Cap

I guess I’ll never quite understand those still going during a pandemic. Despite feeling safe, the heat, the “magic”, the low crowds, etc, etc. If Disney wants to reduce hours: so be it. If you’re angry that they aren’t making the tickets cheaper: don’t buy a ticket. As far as APs go: Disney gave a fully transparent warning that getting into the parks would be more challenging; that includes hour reduction on top of the capped reservations.

Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything except a refund if desired (which they’re offering).

joejccva71

I guess I’ll never quite understand those still going during a pandemic. Despite feeling safe, the heat, the “magic”, the low crowds, etc, etc. If Disney wants to reduce hours: so be it. If you’re angry that they aren’t making the tickets cheaper: don’t buy a ticket. As far as APs go: Disney gave a fully transparent warning that getting into the parks would be more challenging; that includes hour reduction on top of the capped reservations.

Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything except a refund if desired (which they’re offering).

I disagree with this.

Reducing park hours again, no nighttime firework shows, no fastpasses, no park hopping, some restaurants are closed, no Early Magic Hours, park entry reservation system where AP holders are getting the shaft a bit.

But still charging rack rates. I think a small reduction is in order here.

At this point there's literally no reason to stay on-site. Why pay more for getting, well...nothing? Just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom