Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Rteetz

Surprised to hear you being snarky. Note though the races would be in Florida, and they have pretty much taken the lead
on opening things up. You know it is all hoping and I think based on what is happening around the country it is a possibility.
Oh it’s 100% possible and 100% they can do it. The want is the key part. Disney has been slow with everything in reopening.

Rteetz

6713C93D-687B-4640-A665-7B2F0F4B5AEE.png

So this showed up in a group. However I take a massive grain of salt with this.

1. I do very much think it’s on the table but they really need to make a decision already.

2. fair but some of that doesn’t have to be decided today. January 2022 isn’t tomorrow. However, when else would they move this race weekend too? There is absolutely no need to reduce capacity in January 2022 unless there is some sort of resurgence of covid they are planning on. Even world majors are planning for 20,000+. The half and marathon aren’t usually much more than 20,000 anyways. rD isn’t going to require vaccines because a. The parks aren’t, and b. DeSantis isn’t going to let them.

3. Ok…

4. ok…

5. I’ve done 4 Dopeys, I am in half shape most of the time but I don’t agree with that statement.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 563037

So this showed up in a group. However I take a massive grain of salt with this.

1. I do very much think it’s on the table but they really need to make a decision already.

2. fair but some of that doesn’t have to be decided today. January 2022 isn’t tomorrow. However, when else would they move this race weekend too? There is absolutely no need to reduce capacity in January 2022 unless there is some sort of resurgence of covid they are planning on. Even world majors are planning for 20,000+. The half and marathon aren’t usually much more than 20,000 anyways. rD isn’t going to require vaccines because a. The parks aren’t, and b. DeSantis isn’t going to let them.

3. Ok…

4. ok…

5. I’ve done 4 Dopeys, I am in half shape most of the time but I don’t agree with that statement.
who is that GIF

Rando internet person. I take this with an entire truckload of salt. Disney can NOT require vaccination proof thanks to our idiot governor. So this entire post is invalid.

Also it's 90+ degrees with humidity. I'm not training for ANYthing right now.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
who is that GIF

Rando internet person. I take this with an entire truckload of salt. Disney can NOT require vaccination proof thanks to our idiot governor. So this entire post is invalid.

Also it's 90+ degrees with humidity. I'm not training for ANYthing right now.

Although if anyone could make that law history, it would be the company that contributes a significant chunk to Florida's revenues. 😉

You knew what Florida weather was going to be like before you moved. But it's a tradeoff for those freezing winters, right? 😁

That's the drawback about fall/winter distance races in Florida...training in the heat of summer. But that makes US more prepared for a Half or Full with temperatures like the 2020 Marathon.

OG Runner

Although if anyone could make that law history, it would be the company that contributes a significant chunk to Florida's revenues. 😉

You knew what Florida weather was going to be like before you moved. But it's a tradeoff for those freezing winters, right? 😁

That's the drawback about fall/winter distance races in Florida...training in the heat of summer. But that makes US more prepared for a Half or Full with temperatures like the 2020 Marathon.

I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer", but I hated the 2020 marathon. (I know I have said it before) I am from Haverhill, Massachusetts.
I ran a half marathon on December 8, 2019. It was 8 degrees at the beginning of the race. (it got up to 25 by the end). Going to Florida
and having the temps being in the mid-80s with high humidity killed me.

Rteetz

I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer", but I hated the 2020 marathon. (I know I have said it before) I am from Haverhill, Massachusetts.
I ran a half marathon on December 8, 2019. It was 8 degrees at the beginning of the race. (it got up to 25 by the end). Going to Florida
and having the temps being in the mid-80s with high humidity killed me.
That’s not normal tho. Weather varies greatly marathon weekend. I’ve been there 7 years in a row and you plan for all types of weather.

OG Runner

That’s not normal tho. Weather varies greatly marathon weekend. I’ve been there 7 years in a row and you plan for all types of weather.
Oh, I know. I was ecstatic in 2018. It was about 40 degrees with a bit of a breeze. Most people were bundled up and even
had some mylar blankets. My son and I were in short sleeved shirts and shorts and were ready to roll.

Figment82

I know I’ve said this before, but I really hope that when they return to in-person racing, they allow full capacity. I don’t think my anxiety levels can handle the stress of trying to register for a spot when there’s like 40% fewer spots and 250% increased interest and pent-up demand.

OG Runner

I know I’ve said this before, but I really hope that when they return to in-person racing, they allow full capacity. I don’t think my anxiety levels can handle the stress of trying to register for a spot when there’s like 40% fewer spots and 250% increased interest and pent-up demand.
From your mouth to God's ear, or at least RunDisney's. :D

Surferboy567

Honestly, I can’t tell if this is a harbinger of an announcement or just some trolling from them. Either way, surprised nothing was announced, although their deadline is next week (to be in line with Galloway). Kinda baffled we haven’t heard anything yet from them but let’s see what next week brings (or maybe a late announcement this week?) that is doubtful.

EDIT: Their deadline (to be inline with Galloway) for marathon weekend was yesterday.
Next week is their deadline (to be inline with Galloway) for Wine & Dine is next week (a week from today to be exact).

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Honestly, I can’t tell if this is a harbinger of an announcement or just some trolling from them. Either way, surprised nothing was announced, although their deadline is next week (to be in line with Galloway). Kinda baffled we haven’t heard anything yet from them but let’s see what next week brings (or maybe a late announcement this week?) that is doubtful.

EDIT: Their deadline (to be inline with Galloway) for marathon weekend was yesterday.
Next week is their deadline (to be inline with Galloway) for Wine & Dine is next week (a week from today to be exact).
They just updated their website and finally, finally took away the old updated message about the changes to SW race weekend.
That's the only change right now I can see, but it looks like it did before.
Edit: its back up again. Someone must be working on the site.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom