Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Got in around 10:15a and registered for only the half marathon (opted for more magic). Hoping to do both the W&D challenge 2021 and the 2022 Goofy challenge in person for my next rundisney races.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Registered for Half after cancelling original registration and picked up 5K, 10K and Castaway Challenge. Don't remember it asking if I have the January 11th cruise booked, which I do. Supposed to ask for your DCL reservation number, which it didn't.

Surferboy567

Registered for Half after cancelling original registration and picked up 5K, 10K and Castaway Challenge. Don't remember it asking if I have the January 11th cruise booked, which I do. Supposed to ask for your DCL reservation number, which it didn't.

I just double checked...it did definitely ask for it on my end. Some people are getting it and some aren’t prehaps it’s a bug.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Signed up for the half and castaway. Never done castaway so this might be my only shot at that.

Interesting that you still need to be on a cruise to complete the challenge. So what happens when DCL extends suspensions into 2021 and the January 11th cruise is cancelled? Unlike the free Castaway Cay 5k, you get a bib with your name on it for the CC Challenge. And it probably has the timing strip embedded.

Rteetz

Interesting that you still need to be on a cruise to complete the challenge. So what happens when DCL extends suspensions into 2021 and the January 11th cruise is cancelled? Unlike the free Castaway Cay 5k, you get a bib with your name on it for the CC Challenge. And it probably has the timing strip embedded.
You do not. That piece was no longer required to sign up. I didn't enter any sailing info.

Rteetz

I signed up for the 2020 CC Challenge. Never asked for my cruise reservation number.
I don't see how they could require you to still sail. Its a virtual event and they allowed sign ups. There was a part on the sign up for 2021 to enter cruise info but it was not required. If they intend to make people still cruise thats stupid of runDisney but I don't see that being the case,

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yeah, they need some clarification on that particular challenge.
I just modified my marathon to drop the t-shirt and added the Castaway Cay Challenge with shirt. No cruise confirmation required (or even a space for it). I registered on my phone if maybe that’s a difference between registering on a pc. However, I think it’s more likely that they just hadn’t modified the cruise confirmation out when registrations opened today and they probably fixed it later. Has anyone that was asked for cruise info retried in the evening? I’m guessing it would let you complete the registration without it now.

Side note: is anyone else tempted to sign up for a kids race just because they like Chip n Dale and know they’ll never get another chance to get one of those medals? 😜

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I just modified my marathon to drop the t-shirt and added the Castaway Cay Challenge with shirt. No cruise confirmation required (or even a space for it). I registered on my phone if maybe that’s a difference between registering on a pc. However, I think it’s more likely that they just hadn’t modified the cruise confirmation out when registrations opened today and they probably fixed it later. Has anyone that was asked for cruise info retried in the evening? I’m guessing it would let you complete the registration without it now.

Side note: is anyone else tempted to sign up for a kids race just because they like Chip n Dale and know they’ll never get another chance to get one of those medals? 😜

When I signed up for the 2020 CC Challenge last year, I had to check a box that I had a cruise or something like that, but it never asked for my cruise reservation number, which the info said it would.

Yes, I've looked at the kids races medals and was tempted to sign up for one. But what if I took a spot from a child? ☹️

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
When I signed up for the 2020 CC Challenge last year, I had to check a box that I had a cruise or something like that, but it never asked for my cruise reservation number, which the info said it would.

Yes, I've looked at the kids races medals and was tempted to sign up for one. But what if I took a spot from a child? ☹️
That’s a valid point, it didn’t seem like W&D sold out before the deadline so I’m not sure that they have as strict of caps as they seem to for the summer series. But, just in case, if anyone wanted one, it seems the deadline may be Oct 7 (at least that’s the last day for current registrants to select their option) and one could just wait until then and feel pretty confident they aren’t taking a kid’s spot if they are still available. As it stands, I can’t see a scenario where I would actually end up displaying a kids medal if I got one, so can’t see myself actually purchasing one, but that’s not too say that the FOMO isn’t tempting, haha!

surfsupdon

Florida enters Phase 3 which allows theme parks to operate pretty normally with limited social distancing. Still so bummed out that these races are cancelled.

I know Disney operates their reopening different than the state did, but come on!!!

Schema

Florida enters Phase 3 which allows theme parks to operate pretty normally with limited social distancing. Still so bummed out that these races are cancelled.

I know Disney operates their reopening different than the state did, but come on!!!
As someone that was signed up for the Dopey, I'm very glad that the live races were cancelled. At the time I signed up, I was optimistic about things being under control by January. However, as time passed, I was dreading the thought of actually gathering together for the races and, at the same time, I was not really willing to throw away the money I had spent on the races since rD doesn't allow refunds when an event actually occurs. Anyway, I am not looking to ignite any discussion on the pandemic, I just wanted to point out that there are some of us that love the Disney races, but are happy to see some of these get cancelled or converted to virtual.

surfsupdon

someone that was signed up for the Dopey, I'm very glad that the live races were cancelled. At the time I signed up, I was optimistic about things being under control by January. However, as time passed, I was dreading the thought of actually gathering together for the races and, at the same time, I was not really willing to throw away the money I had spent on the races since rD doesn't allow refunds when an event actually occurs. Anyway, I am not looking to ignite any discussion on the pandemic, I just wanted to point out that there are some of us that love the Disney races, but are happy to see some of these get cancelled or converted to virtual.
I respect your opinion and yet I have the opposite mindset. As someone who was signed up for the Half, I am very bummed that the races were cancelled, especially now that the EO was given and Phase 3 is here. I know that there are steps I can take that can, and have, kept me safe from Covid. I will be ready to run the next one and will miss running this year.

Schema

I respect your opinion and yet I have the opposite mindset. As someone who was signed up for the Half, I am very bummed that the races were cancelled, especially now that the EO was given and Phase 3 is here. I know that there are steps I can take that can, and have, kept me safe from Covid. I will be ready to run the next one and will miss running this year.
I completely understand. A lot of my concern was with the fact I was going to have to go through the uncomfortableness four mornings in a row. I just don't trust that everyone around me would follow the rules properly and I didn't want to have to deal with that, especially four days in a row, or potentially five if you count the Expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom