Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

wdwjmp239

All these pictures are the animations of the medals. The real ones might be slightly better, but the design and theming wont change.

American races have big medals, even for 5K's and fun-runs. The average medal in the Netherlands is boring compared to those.

There was a 10K I ran a couple of months ago where the finisher "medal" looked like it was a plastic fidget spinner glued to a plastic backing that was attached to a lanyard. The course was fine. The pre-race and post-race refreshments were fine. But, there wasn't much thought there on the design. It was like the race organizers said, "Let's just put a fidget spinner on some plastic backing and that will be the medal we pass out to the participants." For a $45.00 (US Dollars) registration fee? I'll just say that went towards everything else so it wasn't a complete loss.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The actual medals....

IMG_20190726_115014.jpg

OG Runner

Any ideas on when the race course will be set? I am not counting on going through Galaxy's Edge, but I would appreciate anything
that would get rid of the "switchback". It honestly annoys me.

Katherine

Any ideas on when the race course will be set? I am not counting on going through Galaxy's Edge, but I would appreciate anything
that would get rid of the "switchback". It honestly annoys me.
If the course changes, someone normally will dig up the USATF certification but it usually gets released on rundisney.com about a month out when waivers and corrals are posted.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For those who have run the Castaway Cay Challenge, is it true the course is different than the regular 5K? I'd love to avoid the Loop of Death, even in January. 😁

Greenlawler

Hey gang advice wanted.....

My wife and I are doing a split stay during Marathon week. Three nights at All Stars three at Poly. We are making the switch on the day of the half.

So advice on what to do? We probably will get back to the all star around the time we are supposed to check out

Is there a way to check out of All stars and be able to take the bus to Poly that day?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hey gang advice wanted.....

My wife and I are doing a split stay during Marathon week. Three nights at All Stars three at Poly. We are making the switch on the day of the half.

So advice on what to do? We probably will get back to the all star around the time we are supposed to check out

Is there a way to check out of All stars and be able to take the bus to Poly that day?

Disney bus? Nope. But there's always the Minnie Van or Uber.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom