Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Figment82

Ehh... it looks like he’s diving into a pool, not running. Will be interesting to see how it translates to “real life”. The character designs on the registration page gave a lot of promise, but it’s like they overthought the designs too much.

surfsupdon

I am just running the marathon this year, and am okay with it because the medals do in fact lack that extra Disney Magic. So far they are all flat and the same shape.

Everest and ToT races, tho much shorter in distance, had terrificly themed medals with moving parts. Very cool.

RunningKoen

1563913966722.png

For those who wanna cringe ...

RunningKoen

A black background on a black figure (oswald) isn't the best combination. But they used clear yellow lines to portray the figure.
The yellow/orange background for a figure with a yellow/orange mouth/beak and feet is just bad design.

Even if the real medal is better, it's a terrible choice of background colour for either one.

OG Runner

So glad I ran in 2018...

So am I. I was actually entered for the first Disney Marathon, (I actually have the t-shirt), but my plans fell through.
I got interested again watching the videos of the 20th anniversary race. I ran in three Disney Marathons leading up
to 2018. The medal was a definite plus, along with my silver Mickey ears. I am signed up to do it again in January.

RunningKoen

Dopey is on their feeds

1563982434243.png1563982434243.png

And Goofy was on their twitter with a special 'reply tweet promo'

1563982494684.png

And Minnie Mouse is the character for the Castway Challenge, medal was on the FB page of Disney Cruise line.
The steering wheel is a spinner.

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-24 om 17.37.20.png

Attachments

• 1563982453446.png
    1563982453446.png
    566.9 KB · Views: 59

RunningKoen

These medals are horrible. The Castaway Cay Challenge is disappointing, to say the least.

My instant reaction. It spins but you still cannot have a decent read of the text. Both Goofy and Minnie have a bad design in black and white.

The only thing I like it the segments of Goofy with the distances and the 15 year running thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom