Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've had biopsies before - they usually do them right after the mammogram, more to drain the cyst than anything.

I switched doctors after that jerk. He was offended I called to find out what the ultrasound showed. What the ?????

Glad you're okay. Hopefully we'll see you in January - I'm doing the Half this time.

Dopey will be my 1 and done full and probably my last half unless they bring back Anaheim races

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Welp...I just signed up for Wine/Dine this weekend so that's putting a pause on my credit card for Dopey. Dopey is still on the list but it'll probably be about 6 weeks before I commit.

dreamfinder

Theme's are out.

Pluto is back again, but Oswald can stay aswell. Minnie will 'co-host'.
blog
High quality instagram pictures

I love the styling. The fear of missing out is real.

The 10k is an interesting choice. Nothing against Oswald, but the design doesn't follow trend. Normally the icon/shirt only shows the icons for the parks you run through. That holds true for the other logos, but the 10k has all 4 parks on it. Strange.

Figment82

Love the styling, but the switch from Minnie to Oswald is odd, as is Goofy tag-teaming the challenge and kids races. They should’ve moved Pluto to the kids and Oswald back to the 5K. Or bring back Chip ‘n Dale, or use Daisy, Clarabelle, Horace, etc. They have more than enough classic characters, it seems weird to have the need to double up and share mascot duties.

RunningKoen

Oswald's logo with all 4 parks has been noted on social media as weird several times already.

Some people mention Goofy's 15th anniversary as reason for him being the mascotte for kids races aswell. No idea of it really is the 15th anniversary already.

I prefer Mickey being the only mascot for the full, mini as 10K and pluto for 5K. Oswald isn't working for me.

PolynesianPrincess

I have heard a rumor that the 10k will be a "choose your own park" run, which is why all 4 parks are on the front. I honestly really don't see that happening (think of how crazy the transportation and stuff would be!) but the person I heard it from says its from a reliable source and this person did provide him with the info for all the character stops for all the races last marathon weekend sooooooo, who knows! I'm skeptical though

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I have heard a rumor that the 10k will be a "choose your own park" run, which is why all 4 parks are on the front. I honestly really don't see that happening (think of how crazy the transportation and stuff would be!) but the person I heard it from says its from a reliable source and this person did provide him with the info for all the character stops for all the races last marathon weekend sooooooo, who knows! I'm skeptical though

that would be amazing...however...what a logistical nightmare. plus...none of the parks are 6.2 miles big.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

The courses are certified, roads have to be closed, LE hired to help with road closures, volunteers & medical staff for the different routes, hydration tables, multiple staging areas, etc. And trying to get those "choose your own park" to finish at Epcot? Think of all the runners who will want to run through GE.

I don't like to say never, but it ain't gonna happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom