Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

I get to tell you to your face..... 😛

So when's your next race at WDW?
might be princess. It isnt my favorite , but the only one that aligns with free days at work. My sister wanna get a Castle to Chateau medal aswell, but she has never been to WDW. So a quick fly - run - fly weekend like I do isnt fun for her. So we might visit and stay for a week

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
might be princess. It isnt my favorite , but the only one that aligns with free days at work. My sister wanna get a Castle to Chateau medal aswell, but she has never been to WDW. So a quick fly - run - fly weekend like I do isnt fun for her. So we might visit and stay for a week

Princess 2020? That's great!

Texas84

Usually flights originating in the States are way cheaper than when I have to book ... (and it probably doesn’t help that I fly out of a non-hub airport into another non-hub airport)
Atlanta to Paris is expensive for some reason. I looked at WOW on my last trip and I could have taken Southwest to one of their US airports and the total would have been less than half the price. Decided that was too much trouble. And WOW is gone I hear.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Atlanta to Paris is expensive for some reason. I looked at WOW on my last trip and I could have taken Southwest to one of their US airports and the total would have been less than half the price. Decided that was too much trouble. And WOW is gone I hear.

That explains my high fares then - I usually fly thru both of those airports.

If time isn’t a factor, it may be interesting to price going to other airports and then taking a train. For example getting to London and then taking the Eurostar - train tickets, if bought when first released are usually quite reasonable. Or even getting a low-cost r/t flight from a different European airport to Paris.

HiJe

I was getting excited about this one as I may be in the area for work the week after and thought I could come down early and run the 10k. Just saw that its sold out already though. 😭 :banghead:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
More inconclusive medical tests are keeping me from registering for Dopey and it's ticking me off! Better safe than sorry however and as soon as I'm in the clear, I'm signing up.

Katherine

I was getting excited about this one as I may be in the area for work the week after and thought I could come down early and run the 10k. Just saw that its sold out already though. 😭 :banghead:

Last year it seemed like they converted some Dopey spots into individual race registrations (or maybe it was some travel agent/charity bibs) and the races reopened later in the year. I’d say to keep checking!

HiJe

Last year it seemed like they converted some Dopey spots into individual race registrations (or maybe it was some travel agent/charity bibs) and the races reopened later in the year. I’d say to keep checking!

Thanks. I saw that they did that for the Star Wars Rival Run as well. I think that may be my only hope. Will definitely keep checking. Thanks again.

dreamfinder

5K and 10K are already full? Wow!

Also, for anyone who might be interested in the kids races, they are only available on Saturday. They used to have Friday as option too, but I emailed them and “at this time”, it won’t be an option. Will make it challenging to get from the Half finish line to WWoS in time, but we’ll make it work. I probably just won’t smell all that wonderful! 😂

Pretty sure they used to have Thursday as well, pulled that back 2-3 years ago.

Figment82

Pretty sure they used to have Thursday as well, pulled that back 2-3 years ago.
Boo, that would’ve been nice too. It’s strange that they would schedule them so early when I’m sure I’m not the only one running the Half and entering a child in the kids dashes. But I know Saturday is a lot more convenient for most. Ah well, c’est la vie. 😊

dreamfinder

Boo, that would’ve been nice too. It’s strange that they would schedule them so early when I’m sure I’m not the only one running the Half and entering a child in the kids dashes. But I know Saturday is a lot more convenient for most. Ah well, c’est la vie. 😊

Think it just became less of a profit maker. Having to staff the extra CMs and such wasn't worth what the returns were from the registration numbers. Not sure if they are increasing the number of slots on a given day, but the kids runs were wrapped up in an hour or so, so they could easily do more heats on the same day and get the same returns.

Figment82

Think it just became less of a profit maker. Having to staff the extra CMs and such wasn't worth what the returns were from the registration numbers. Not sure if they are increasing the number of slots on a given day, but the kids runs were wrapped up in an hour or so, so they could easily do more heats on the same day and get the same returns.
Totally agree - and I doubt the kids care much if it’s a “crowded field”. 😊

LAKid53

Premium Member
after a minor medical scare (Mammogram issues) I have been cleared of any nonsense and will be signing up for #Dopey2020 next week! I'm going to talk to my trainer 1st but I WILL be signing up!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Glad everything turned out okay. I had something similar my very first mammogram and the doctor was a real 💩 when I tried to get the results from the subsequent ultrasound. Jerk had tagged the x-ray folder "possible tumor" or something like that. It was just a cyst. But I was an emotional wreck for several days until I got the results from the ultrasound.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Glad everything turned out okay. I had something similar my very first mammogram and the doctor was a real 💩 when I tried to get the results from the subsequent ultrasound. Jerk had tagged the x-ray folder "possible tumor" or something like that. It was just a cyst. But I was an emotional wreck for several days until I got the results from the ultrasound.

I've been dealing with this since the 1st. 1st mammogram ever (I'm adopted so no family history), showed 'something' went in the next week for a contrast & ultrasound. Contrast showed the same 'something' but the ultrasound didn't show anything so to be safe (which I appreciate) they sent me for a needle biopsy Tuesday and I just got the results: "Your breast biopsy results came back negative for malignancy." - so thank goodness but it was a HUGE expense (I'm on a high deductible insurance).

LAKid53

Premium Member
I've been dealing with this since the 1st. 1st mammogram ever (I'm adopted so no family history), showed 'something' went in the next week for a contrast & ultrasound. Contrast showed the same 'something' but the ultrasound didn't show anything so to be safe (which I appreciate) they sent me for a needle biopsy Tuesday and I just got the results: "Your breast biopsy results came back negative for malignancy." - so thank goodness but it was a HUGE expense (I'm on a high deductible insurance).

I've had biopsies before - they usually do them right after the mammogram, more to drain the cyst than anything.

I switched doctors after that jerk. He was offended I called to find out what the ultrasound showed. What the ?????

Glad you're okay. Hopefully we'll see you in January - I'm doing the Half this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom