Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Greenlawler

I am betting registration will be slightly up from last year, but they really need to offer a better incentive.

If they did a free park day for marathoners, it could result in 400-500 more registrations, and offering free park entrance does not hurt them. It only helps.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am betting registration will be slightly up from last year, but they really need to offer a better incentive.

If they did a free park day for marathoners, it could result in 400-500 more registrations, and offering free park entrance does not hurt them. It only helps.

I would think if you've just run a marathon, you should get more than the ears they give out, besides the medal. W&D Halfers get a party. Surely Disney can do more for those running the Full.

LAKid53

Premium Member
You get discounts at Disney Springs!

I'll see myself out...

If runDisney can have a 3-4 hour party at Epcot after W&D, they can have a special party at MK for those who run their oldest and most prestigious race. MK closed at 9PM on Marathon Sunday. Have a party for the marathoners, Goofies and Dopies after MK closes. And like the after party for W&D, allow the purchase of tickets by family members and those who ran the shorter races. Recognize the perfect marathoners, Goofies and Dopies at the party.

Frankly, runDisney should have a party Sunday evening each race weekend. Possibly not in a park every time, maybe WWoS?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

that's why I like the after party for Wine/Dine - free park admission and $15 GC

Katherine

In for Dopey #7 thanks to runDisney allowing perfect Dopeys to register early!

If runDisney can have a 3-4 hour party at Epcot after W&D, they can have a special party at MK for those who run their oldest and most prestigious race. MK closed at 9PM on Marathon Sunday. Have a party for the marathoners, Goofies and Dopies after MK closes. And like the after party for W&D, allow the purchase of tickets by family members and those who ran the shorter races. Recognize the perfect marathoners, Goofies and Dopies at the party.

Frankly, runDisney should have a party Sunday evening each race weekend. Possibly not in a park every time, maybe WWoS?

I would totally be down for even an extra ticketed event Sunday night. Since they started doing the after-hours events anyways at MK, why not make one after the race and give a discount to the runners? Marathon Sunday would be kind of perfect since you would wake up early and run, then go back to your resort, shower, nap, and rest and then by 7pm you'd be ready to have some fun. I always try to push myself after the marathon and don't end up resting much before heading back into the parks after the marathon but it always comes back to bite me around 8/9pm.

LAKid53

Premium Member
In for Dopey #7 thanks to runDisney allowing perfect Dopeys to register early!

I would totally be down for even an extra ticketed event Sunday night. Since they started doing the after-hours events anyways at MK, why not make one after the race and give a discount to the runners? Marathon Sunday would be kind of perfect since you would wake up early and run, then go back to your resort, shower, nap, and rest and then by 7pm you'd be ready to have some fun. I always try to push myself after the marathon and don't end up resting much before heading back into the parks after the marathon but it always comes back to bite me around 8/9pm.

Why not make one FOR the runners and include the price with your registration, as they do for W&D Half?

Katherine

Why not make one FOR the runners and include the price with your registration, as they do for W&D Half?
I would love if they included something like but I don’t think they ever would even if they did increase registration prices like they do for Wine and Dine to include this extra. With declining registration numbers it’s only giving them less money to “plus” these events and I don’t think they could justify eating the cost to see if it influences registration numbers.

Ideally I would LOVE an after hours party though! I’d be thrilled if they brought back the park ticket too!

Figment82

5K and 10K are already full? Wow!

Also, for anyone who might be interested in the kids races, they are only available on Saturday. They used to have Friday as option too, but I emailed them and “at this time”, it won’t be an option. Will make it challenging to get from the Half finish line to WWoS in time, but we’ll make it work. I probably just won’t smell all that wonderful! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom