Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

As great as it is to run though the parks at DLP (and the courses are laid out to give runners a TON of park time), I really love getting out in the countryside. While somewhat plain, it's just so lovely out there! It's spread out enough that you can focus on racing if you want, but also scenic enough to keep your mind occupied with the autumn crops and village. It's tough to describe why I like it so much, but it's part of what makes that race really unique and memorable to me

I love that part of the Paris race, it's great scenery but not as boring as long as the sections outside the parks WDW has.

@FerretAfros I've heard it called the "Osceola Parkway Death March" because of its length, warmth, and lack of shade. It's also very mentally draining as well as physically challenging because of the warmth (especially if you're a late start from a back corral like I was in).

This. Amen. Happened to me twice. WWoS wasn't a thrill to run in either.

I didnt quote the one who posted the picture of the reversed route. Did they used to do that? It seems rather unlike to me because it has people running through magic kingdom during operating hours. And other routes have to be closed off for longer. After entering studios with the current route, you're off the main roads and the blokkades can be removed after that point.

dreamfinder

I didnt quote the one who posted the picture of the reversed route. Did they used to do that?

Don't think so. But if you look for the older red/blue split start courses, those did 3 or so miles in the Epcot area, before heading over to MK, so runners were at MK much closer to (possibly post?) park opening.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
When can APs sign up for martahon weekend and how? I'm on the passholder website and it's super-unhelpful

The Thursday before general registration opens, so April 11th. Note that registration now opens at 10AM EST.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Has anyone done the Castaway Challenge? You get both the rubber and metal medals, correct? Is a race shirt provided?

LAKid53

Premium Member
In for 2020! Surprisingly, Safari worked this time and I opened it later than my Chrome browser. Hope everyone gets into the event(s) they are wanting!

Which race are you doing? I'm in for the Half. And the Castaway Cay Challenge - what better excuse to do another Disney cruise! 😁

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Which race are you doing? I'm in for the Half. And the Castaway Cay Challenge - what better excuse to do another Disney cruise! 😁

I'd love to do the CC Challenge but that is DEFINITELY not in my budget!!!

Can I stow-away in your luggage??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom