Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

They posted the program...

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/marathons/wdw-marathon/WDW12Program.pdf

...and the maps for the half and full SUCK. I'm not sure why they felt the need to change them...the new ones don't have the mile markers and food/water stops marked. And maybe it's just me, but the area in the full that goes by Yacht and Beach Club looks a bit off to me, even though it's still the same in the course description. :shrug:

Oh well...map disappointment aside, they posted the program! It's getting closer!! :sohappy: Happy training, everyone!

So they have posted updated maps with the water stops, mile markers and aid stations marked (they are in the course section, not updated in the program). I'm not sure why they rushed to get the first versions (without mile markers, etc.) posted. :shrug: Oh well...we're less than 2 months away! :sohappy: :eek:

surfsupdon

All set to go. Staying at Yacht Club.

Might spend a day at Universal--first time since July 2000. I know they have a lot of new stuff since then.

dreamfinder

The sentence in bold is not completely correct. I have found in the past that if I find my photos in lost and found and notify ASI, they move them into my gallery and then are included when I buy the photo disc.

but you are correct - if you find yourself in one or more lost and found photos after you've placed your order for your disc, they won't add it after the fact free of charge.

Well thats good to know. I know that in the past people haven't been able to get them added.

Ariel484

Why not resurrect this thread with some registration updates??...

Walt Disney World® Marathon - 96% Full
Walt Disney World® Marathon Relay - 94% Full
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon - 99% Full
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge - 97% Full
Disney Family Fiesta 5K featuring the Three Caballeros - 96% Full
Disney Kids' Races - 95% Full (some sold out)

My DME stuff came in the mail yesterday and I've been checking runDisney.com religiously for the waivers to go up (no dice yet)...it's getting closer!! :sohappy:

Happy training, everyone! :wave:

MKCP 1985

I will bet if you don't go right now to register for the half marathon and the goofy, you will find it closed.

It surprised me how the half lagged behind the longer races in terms of registration numbers, but I think that is because of the number of people who signed up for the inaugural relay.

anyway, it looks like another healthy turnout. Good luck to all the Run Disney participants! :wave:

Ariel484

Thanks. I wish it told us our starting corral; I’m more interested in that then my race number.

No problem.

This might sound stupidly obvious, but I think you can sort of make a guess on your corral placement from your bib #...in looking at last year's results it looks like most of the top finishers had single-digit bib numbers or numbers in the 100s or 200s...I would assume that they, as the elite runners, were in the first corral, and I know that runners with really high bib numbers are often found in the last corral (10,000+). Assuming about 13,000 finishers, you could try to make an educated guess, I suppose...but yeah, until you actually get the bib, who knows?! This could all be stupid speculation on my part :lol:

I hope my speculation is right though, since my bib # is in the 5000s :D

ETA: I'm also basing this on my and my brother's corral placement for the 2011 Princess Half (a different race, obviously, but I would assume corral placement is similar)...I had a bib in the 5000s (Corral C) and my brother had a bib in the 9000s (Corral D).

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I"m going to guess that's correct, as my anticipated finish time is the same as last year's 1/2, and my number is only 300 of so off of last years.

Mad Stitch

Thanks again. I figured numbers were given in sequential order as people signed up, but this will be my first big race so I’m learning how all this works. My number for the half is in the 45900 range, so I’ll probably be in the last two waves then? Not looking forward to waiting nearly an hour after the first gun to start. When I signed up I estimated 3 hours to complete but my training pace has me finishing around 2:40 assuming I don’t stop for pics.

Ariel484

Thanks again. I figured numbers were given in sequential order as people signed up, but this will be my first big race so I’m learning how all this works. My number for the half is in the 45900 range, so I’ll probably be in the last two waves then? Not looking forward to waiting nearly an hour after the first gun to start. When I signed up I estimated 3 hours to complete but my training pace has me finishing around 2:40 assuming I don’t stop for pics.

Did you submit a proof of time? Runners who did not submit a time are automatically placed in the later corrals. If you have a time from a recent race, you can bring it with you to the expo and try to move up to an earlier corral. It's easy to do.

I hope you have a great race...you'll love it! :sohappy:

Mad Stitch

Did you submit a proof of time? Runners who did not submit a time are automatically placed in the later corrals. If you have a time from a recent race, you can bring it with you to the expo and try to move up to an earlier corral. It's easy to do.

I hope you have a great race...you'll love it! :sohappy:

No I didn’t. Like I said, this will be my first big race. The only other timed race I have done was the Expedition Everest Challenge and that time couldn’t be applied toward this.

surfsupdon

My bib is 30566. ???!

I thought bibs were sequential to when you sign up. My proof of time should have me in an early heat--I was Corral A for the Wine&Dine so I am curious to see how this goes.

If number is related to corral, I'm wayyy back....will have to head to runner relations at the Expo.

Ariel484

No I didn’t. Like I said, this will be my first big race. The only other timed race I have done was the Expedition Everest Challenge and that time couldn’t be applied toward this.

Oh...right. needs to be at least a 10k I guess??

My bib is 30566. ???!

I thought bibs were sequential to when you sign up. My proof of time should have me in an early heat--I was Corral A for the Wine&Dine so I am curious to see how this goes.

If number is related to corral, I'm wayyy back....will have to head to runner relations at the Expo.

Ok...here's my guess:

Marathon bibs are 1-13k or whatever
Marathon relay bibs are 13k-whatever
Then the half bibs...so maybe you really are in A??

Corral C would be nice. They had me in Corral B for W&D. I didn't think I deserved to be there. :D

I didn't think I deserved to be in C for the Princess...it was weird. :lookaroun :lol:

dreamfinder

Did anyone doing the Goofy check their number? I ended up in the 20k range, which seems strange to me. In the past the number was pretty much where you should have been placed if you were doing just the single event. Wondering if I forgot to submit proof of time now as that seems a bit off.

Edit: Now that I read over the race day info, they changed it. Only 1 bib for both races? Now they are starting to pinch pennies. That thing will probably fall of by the time the full is done. So maybe bib numbers don't align with corrals anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom