Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I booked my room at Caribbean Beach yesterday! Have not stayed here in a few years so I am looking forward!
Nice! We stayed there for Springtime Surprise, our room was directly across the street from the skyliner hub, which was so convenient!

We’re all booked at AoA this go around, Jan 4-9. With the theme being a throwback to 1992, I just got a Gary’s Olde Towne Tavern t-shirt for one of the race days (Bar Wars VI was 1992 😁), just need to figure out some good 1992-ish themes for the other race days now!
75EEF8A8-C7F0-4CA1-A407-3B1F85F5F95E.jpeg

surfsupdon

Hi Marathoners,

Planning my one park day with a Disney newbie. We will be starting at HS and going to Epcot.

Can I purchase an ILL for both Cosmic and Rise and/or Slinky at the same time? Or can you only have one of those ILLs at a time? Thanks!

pdude81

Hi Marathoners,

Planning my one park day with a Disney newbie. We will be starting at HS and going to Epcot.

Can I purchase an ILL for both Cosmic and Rise and/or Slinky at the same time? Or can you only have one of those ILLs at a time? Thanks!
Two per day, can be in any park you want as long as you have hoppers and the second park one is after 2.

Can't buy two of the same attraction, but you can try your luck at the lottery for Cosmic Rewind and then make your purchases if you're feeling lucky. ILL's have been lasting a bit longer these past few weeks

OG Runner

I booked my room at Caribbean Beach yesterday! Have not stayed here in a few years so I am looking forward!

I believe you will enjoy it. I have stayed there my last few Marathon weekends. There are pools other than the main pool
and it is convenient to relax some running muscles before or after the races. I wish there was other transportation other than
the Skyliner, (a little fear of heights), but it is convenient. See if you can be placed in Aruba or Jamaica.

OG Runner

So according to the Higdon calender, Dopey Challenge training begins on September 5th with a 3 mile run, with a 13 mile run that Saturday. That's a steep climb from my daily 4 mile runs. I need to step up the next two weeks.

You could also try the Galloway training plans on the RunDisney site. Even if you do not do the run/walk the mileage is more gradual
and a lot of people have used it with success.

Surferboy567

We have the medals for marathon weekend, I’ll be running the 5K, 10K, and Half virtually.

Source: Disney Parks Blog

Surferboy567

I’m running the 5K, 10K, and Half virtually. Since I am training for both Wine & Dine, and Springtime Surprise it seems to be hard to fit these runs in on the actual date. As such, I will be running the WDW Half later this month or early in October. As this lines up with my training plan for Wine & Dine. Since this isn’t a challenge I am free to split these up as I see fit. I’ll be able to run the 5K, and 10K close to the actual date.

Running Princess (fairytale challenge) virtually as well but it’s looking like my Springtime Surprise program should more or less enable me to run those closer to the date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom