Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That's interesting and kind of scary. But if I get a later corral I'll try to show up earlier.

In the past I enjoyed the race retreat and waited til the last second to go out and hung at the back of the line. This worked a lot better for my race in corral C than it did the year before when I was in E though.

Which reminds me....

BRING BACK THE RACE RETREAT!!!

I'm thinking with the major road projects being done we can have a more normal start/finish experience in Epcot and enough space for the big tent. Now if they have half the people, then they may not make enough money from that package to risk putting them all inside. With cases in the US trending up and mask policy still in place, I'm assuming this won't be a thing.

Agree. That heated or cooled tent was wonderful for both Marathon and Princess weekends. Runner's Square was a poor substitute, especially with regards to pre and post race food.

Greenlawler

Well gang I am starting my Dopey 2021 today.

Last year I had every intention of doing it while I was at Disney. We went ahead and were down there during what should have been MW. But I decided I was not going to make my wife miserable having to wait around on my all day on Saturday. I actuially even did the 5 Wednesday,10 Thursday, and half....In hindsight I wish I had gone ahead.

So then we got home and I kept putting it off. Then I got ingured and could not run for a month or two.

So basically around April I just decided the best way to do this would be to just do it during my training for 2021, and in my mind it still counts as long as it's still 2021.

So that big box of medals and that Dopey t-shirt that is still sitting under my bed unopened may get to see the light of day on Sunday night.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Well gang I am starting my Dopey 2021 today.

Last year I had every intention of doing it while I was at Disney. We went ahead and were down there during what should have been MW. But I decided I was not going to make my wife miserable having to wait around on my all day on Saturday. I actuially even did the 5 Wednesday,10 Thursday, and half....In hindsight I wish I had gone ahead.

So then we got home and I kept putting it off. Then I got ingured and could not run for a month or two.

So basically around April I just decided the best way to do this would be to just do it during my training for 2021, and in my mind it still counts as long as it's still 2021.

So that big box of medals and that Dopey t-shirt that is still sitting under my bed unopened may get to see the light of day on Sunday night.
Nice!! I’m doing the same thing with my Boston virtual, planning to actually do it mid-December as a trainer for 2022 Dopey since I was busy the weekend I was supposed to do it. Medal is in its UPS box til then! 😃

Greenlawler

Half Finished yesterday 2 hours 12 minutes....

and

Dopey finished at 8:47 pm tonight. 5 hours 45 minutes. Took the last 5 miles very slow since I was only supposed to run 19 today.

Finished on a treadmill at Planet Fitness to no fanfare whatsoever. My wife was working, sent me a congragulations. My kids were all hanging out with their freinds. I proudly walked out of Planet Fitness knowing what I had done with no fan fair.

so @Texas84 you can add my Dopey miles if that counts. 48.6

I am wearing my Dopey shirt alone in my house lol.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member

and

Dopey finished at 8:47 pm tonight. 5 hours 45 minutes. Took the last 5 miles very slow since I was only supposed to run 19 today.

Finished on a treadmill at Planet Fitness to no fanfare whatsoever. My wife was working, sent me a congragulations. My kids were all hanging out with their freinds. I proudly walked out of Planet Fitness knowing what I had done with no fan fair.

Wow! That’s amazing! I can motivate to do shorter virtual runs, but to motivate to do longer ones AND do a Dopey is really amazing in my book.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The first 19 miles took 4 hours.

The last seven took an hour and a 45 minutes.

All on a dreadmill?

tenor-21.gif

pdude81

So are we done with the prepurchase of products at this point? Everything seems gone. I was waiting to see if I could get the medal pins in a bundle that didn't come with every other pin offered.

Some are reporting you can't order for the Princess races now either

LAKid53

Premium Member
So are we done with the prepurchase of products at this point? Everything seems gone. I was waiting to see if I could get the medal pins in a bundle that didn't come with every other pin offered.

Some are reporting you can't order for the Princess races now either

Correct. No pre-order merchandise for either Marathon or Princess weekends.

Given the whole supply chain inventory issues, not surprising. Don't sell when your not sure if merchandise will be available for pickup.

Guess my shoe ornament for W&D Weekend is still stuck on a container ship, waiting to be unloaded.

pdude81

Correct. No pre-order merchandise for either Marathon or Princess weekends.

Given the whole supply chain inventory issues, not surprising. Don't sell when your not sure if merchandise will be available for pickup.

Guess my shoe ornament for W&D Weekend is still stuck on a container ship, waiting to be unloaded.
Good luck!

Figment82

and

That’s fantastic, congratulations!! Running a marathon is no small feat, but to run it on a treadmill, without that support of a crowd/fellow runners is truly amazing! Wear that shirt with pride. 😊

OG Runner

I have always supported all of the runners on these boards, as I have always appreciated the support I have received.
There is just something about virtual races that rubs me the wrong way. I actually ran a half marathon on the day of
the Wine & Dine Half. To me it was training, I did not sign up for the virtual Wine & Dine. I honestly congratulate you
on completing the distances, but running the "2021 Dopey" a month before the 2022 Dopey?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My friend is doing "Dopey in a day" the day after the January full down here. He's training for an ultra so he's just running that distance to train but it'll be fun to watch him complete it!

A couple of years ago I was doing some volunteer work for an « Ecotrail » race and was at the refreshment table at the finish. The longest distance at the one here is 80 km (50 miles). Was humorous to see the 1st woman come in looking like she could continue on for several miles more (and she even said the same!) when all the men before her (6 or 7) were absolutely destroyed by the end. Turns out she was using the race as a training run for UTMB (Ultra Trail de Mont Blanc) which is more than 170 km …

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom