News Walt Disney World introduces new Disney Weekday Magic Ticket

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Drdcm

I don't think WDW can ever be as special as it was during the 80s-00s again, unless they completely change the way they're doing things. And it makes me very sad.
I really miss the late 2000s-early 2010s MK hours when they were open super late. Some of my best Disney memories were at 2am after every normal person had already gone to bed.

JohnD

@wdwmagic Is it fair to assume that there are concerns over soft attendance in the next couple of months?

Could we soon see APs back as well?
This is the time period that previous Discover Disney and comparable FR tickets were offered. Holiday attendance is over so lower attendance in the winter / early Spring until Easter period.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s with the bumpage of this thread today?

Did anything happen in the last 364 days that proves TWDC and/or parks were horribly managed in the last year? 🤔

Drdcm

Bingo!

You nailed it. Deliberate upsells due to forced “demand”

…I’ll write you a recommendation letter to any college you want 👍🏻😎
It’s fascinating because things ended up that way to encourage guests to spend more by keeping them there longer with longer operating hours, magical express, resort expansions (post 9/11 and the housing market collapse). The people who actually remember the good times would be considered “legacy fans”. We were the guests that got them out of their financial decline. When things inevitably take a turn for the worse, we’re going to be the ones to keep them going - so long as they don’t burn that bridge beforehand. I’m sorry, but that family of 4 from Colorado visiting for the first time that’s so desirable isn’t going to come back with the current state of things

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s fascinating because things ended up that way to encourage guests to spend more by keeping them there longer with longer operating hours, magical express, resort expansions (post 9/11 and the housing market collapse). The people who actually remember the good times would be considered “legacy fans”. We were the guests that got them out of their financial decline. When things inevitably take a turn for the worse, we’re going to be the ones to keep them going - so long as they don’t burn that bridge beforehand. I’m sorry, but that family of 4 from Colorado visiting for the first time that’s so desirable isn’t going to come back with the current state of things
…you noticed this too, huh?

I like you…you have my sword, my liege 🗡

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’m sorry, but that family of 4 from Colorado visiting for the first time that’s so desirable isn’t going to come back with the current state of things
No Kidding GIF by One Chicago

But the golden age of unprecedented demand shall last for generations....right?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s fascinating because things ended up that way to encourage guests to spend more by keeping them there longer with longer operating hours, magical express, resort expansions (post 9/11 and the housing market collapse). The people who actually remember the good times would be considered “legacy fans”. We were the guests that got them out of their financial decline. When things inevitably take a turn for the worse, we’re going to be the ones to keep them going - so long as they don’t burn that bridge beforehand.
The truth is, as much as people say they won't come back...some still do.

That being said, it's felt different recently, the deliberate malice towards the most loyal guests is very noticeable. Instead of 3 or 4 trips, maybe we're down to 1 or 2.....and then maybe none.

Jrb1979

That being said, it's felt different recently, the deliberate malice towards the most loyal guests is very noticeable. Instead of 3 or 4 trips, maybe we're down to 1 or 2.....and then maybe none.
I know it's anecdotal but I have noticed a lot more threads from loyal Disney guests making first time trips to Universal.

Drdcm

Yeah, I wonder if it’s taking its toll yet. I had a friend recently go for the first time a few weeks ago, and they say they won’t go back. I personally used to go 2-3x yearly, but just don’t have the motivation for it anymore. It’s been about a year since I’ve gone and I don’t plan to go this year.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I know it's anecdotal but I have noticed a lot more threads from loyal Disney guests making first time trips to Universal.
It's more than that. Surprisingly the main stream media has picked up on the antics of Disney.

Thanks to sites like this and social media, stories about price hikes, fights, breakdowns, and things TWDC would rather you not pay attention to are much more common and in the public eye.

Pent up demand has masked this in the previous two years, but I'm not so sure that's going to work much going forward.

Disstevefan1

I am guessing if they keep raising prices on everything and with the addition of Genie+ and ILL as well as other new extra changes for new special events/parties, they can fleece almost as much money out of folks in the 1 to two trips as they used to in the 3 or 4 trips.

Disney still wants all of our money, they just prefer us to visit less as it lowers their costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom