News Walt Disney World increases hiring bonuses as high as $1500 and Job Fair at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
What's interesting to me is they don't even have most front line roles listed on their website. I understand they are dong a job fair, but you would think they would also have more posted.

The biggest perk to working there was 365 day access to the parks IMO. Now CMs get treated like garbage and they wonder why they can't hire. Not surprised.

castlecake2.0

What's interesting to me is they don't even have most front line roles listed on their website. I understand they are dong a job fair, but you would think they would also have more posted.

The biggest perk to working there was 365 day access to the parks IMO. Now CMs get treated like garbage and they wonder why they can't hire. Not surprised.
The restricted blockouts are gone for the most part except for very busy days. I hate being told I’m being treated like garbage, especially by people who don’t actually work here. Im happy (most of the time) with how I’ve been treated the last 13 years. It’s not perfect, and there’s been times they’ve messed up, but It’s not garbage.

Last edited:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The restricted blockouts are gone for the most part except for very busy days. I hate being told I’m being treated like garbage, for the most part I’ve been very happy with how I’ve been treated the last 13 years. It’s not perfect, but It’s not garbage.
I worked at WDW in 04-05 and 09-13. I loved it and was sad when I left the area and couldn't remain seasonal because I was in transportation.

You must not remember or know what it's like to have 365 day access to the parks PERIOD. The only time you were ever at risk of not getting in was a phased closing.
Or when you could go to any sit down restaurant and get 20% without blackouts or advanced "cast member reservations"
Or when CM previews for attractions was standard practice.
Or when maingate tickets were only blocked out at the busiest time of the year(Christmas, Thanksgiving weekend, and a couple days of spring break) and you knew it at the beginning of the year so you could actually plan when family and friends could visit.

You may not feel like you're treated like dirt but clearly the rest of Orlando doesn't share your sentiments.

We can argue all day long about their strategy as it relates to pricing for APs and such, but there's zero excuse for the way they've pulled benefits from the very people who are responsible for making sure people keep drinking their kool aid and it's about time they realize if they don't take care of their people, the numbers will reflect it, and they aren't gonna like it.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I worked at WDW in 04-05 and 09-13. I loved it and was sad when I left the area and couldn't remain seasonal because I was in transportation.

You must not remember or know what it's like to have 365 day access to the parks PERIOD. The only time you were ever at risk of not getting in was a phased closing.
Or when you could go to any sit down restaurant and get 20% without blackouts or advanced "cast member reservations"
Or when maingate tickets were only blocked out at the busiest time of the year(Christmas, Thanksgiving weekend, and a couple days of spring break) and you knew it at the beginning of the year so you could actually plan when family and friends could visit.

You may not feel like you're treated like dirt but clearly the rest of Orlando doesn't share your sentiments.

We can argue all day long about their strategy as it relates to pricing for APs and such, but there's zero excuse for the way they've pulled benefits from the very people who are responsible for make sure people keep drinking their kool aid and it's about time they realize if they don't take care of their people, the numbers will reflect it, and they aren't gonna like it.
Things change, and yah Covid really restricted our passes for a while. But the last couple months it’s settled down and I’ve been able to get into any park I’ve wanted, use my dining discounts, enjoyed my free stay at grand Floridian, got my preview of rat etc etc. The Dunkin down the road from me has been trying to hire for months with none of those perks and $5 less an hour. So Disney’s lack of applicants isn’t because people might be blocked out of magic kingdom one day, and isn’t an issue unique to them. Better hourly rates and benefits(even though theyre already mostly better than the surrounding area) is what could be improved. I think a lot of people would be surprised by the amount of cast who don’t care/have never used their park passes.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We can argue all day long about their strategy as it relates to pricing for APs and such, but there's zero excuse for the way they've pulled benefits from the very people who are responsible for make sure people keep drinking their kool aid and it's about time they realize if they don't take care of their people, the numbers will reflect it, and they aren't gonna like it.
Sounds like a CP on the “boomerang effect”?

Last edited:

roj2323

As one of my former area managers (now called "proprietors") once said: "[Brian], pixie dust won't pay the bills."
As one of my former custodial cast member coworkers used to say, it depends on the type of pixie dust.

Honestly the sad part is people who have been with the company for 10+ years have seen their pay raises essentially disappear as the minimum wage has risen. It's kind of hard to stay loyal when someone brand new is making the same wage as someone with 10 years of seniority. This isn't to say WDW shouldn't pay a living wage but that long term cast with years of seniority should be making much more than the base rate. Unfortunately this is an on going issue in many fields, not just at WDW. Everything from Teachers to EMT's are seeing their loyalty and past pay raises disappear as the minimum wage rises which is making people rethink their careers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom