Walt Disney World Hotel Rates - Christmas 2021

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
In June, Disney released rates for 2021. I haven't analyzed these in three years and was in for a bit of a shock when I looked at rates for Christmas 2021, Disney's most expensive season. Nightly rates (tax included) for the least expensive (i.e. Standard) rooms at Value and Moderate Resorts are:
  • All Stars - $254
  • Pop Century - $330
  • Art of Animation - $353
  • Coronado Springs - $400
  • Port Orleans French Quarter - $418
  • Port Orleans Riverside - $418
  • Caribbean Beach - $432
OMG! Value Resorts are well into the $300s, and Moderate Resorts are over $400 per night!

The Skyliner Resorts (Pop, AOA, and CBR) have the highest rates. As a result of the Skyliner, CBR went from the least-expensive to most-expensive Moderate Resort.

Stitch826

In June, Disney released rates for 2021. I haven't analyzed these in three years and was in for a bit of a shock when I looked at rates for Christmas 2021, Disney's most expensive season. Nightly rates (tax included) for the least expensive (i.e. Standard) rooms at Value and Moderate Resorts are:
  • All Stars - $254
  • Pop Century - $330
  • Caribbean Beach - $432
OMG! Value Resorts are well into the $300s, and Moderate Resorts are over $400 per night!

The Skyliner Resorts (Pop, AOA, and CBR) have the highest rates. As a result of the Skyliner, CBR went from the least-expensive to most-expensive Moderate Resort.
If anything, this is good news as a Disney fan. It shows that Disney expects to be back to full and normal operations by then. Combine the a) busy Christmas season, with b) the 50th anniversary celebration, and c) the number of travelers anxious to return to Disney after a wasted 2020. I would be alarmed if the prices were headed the opposite direction and they offered massive discounts. The prices simply show an anticipation of a return to normalcy and the end of social distancing.

PolynesianPrincess

If anything, this is good news as a Disney fan. It shows that Disney expects to be back to full and normal operations by then. Combine the a) busy Christmas season, with b) the 50th anniversary celebration, and c) the number of travelers anxious to return to Disney after a wasted 2020. I would be alarmed if the prices were headed the opposite direction and they offered massive discounts. The prices simply show an anticipation of a return to normalcy and the end of social distancing.

These would've been the prices with or without COVID going on. This is just showing that Disney is REALLY using the Skyiner to justify HUGE price increases at CBR and Pop and its also just Disney being Disney, charging way too much for what customers are getting. At what point do the number reach high enough that a value is not a value anymore? Because I don't know anyone traveling on a "value" budget who would be able to afford $250 a night on a hotel room.

We had a room booked at Pop for next week for just over $200/night WITH discount. We ended up changing and renting points at Animal Kingdom villas for $270 a night for a deluxe studio savannah view. $70 more a night than a value and we were able to get a deluxe resort with the most premium view. I feel that all the resorts are WAY overpriced but the values are getting out of control!!

Club Cooloholic

It might be the first time since pre Covid demand will be high enough they will be full. Considering they have a limited inventory of open hotel rooms, they are probably expecting some people that usually do a deluxe hotel, to downgrade just to be on-site for the holidays.

Dave B

OR they need to make up money and want to stick it to anyone who is willing to go and pay for a limited experience, because IT'S DISNEYWORLD, even more reason not to go until things are back open and running normal, but have fun if you want to spend your money on a limited experience

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A big jump in Skyliner resort rates happened this past March 2020.

And this is typical when any business introduces 'surge pricing.' Peak time prices not only go up, over time, they go up *a lot*. They keep going up as much as the market will bear.
"You mean with a 200% increase for that week, we still have a waiting list? Then bump it up to a 300% increase and see if people will pay *that*!"

Happened to Uber and Broadway and now Disney. (In fact, Disney led the way for Broadway surge pricing with their own shows there.)

It seems Disney is intent on not having phased closings on Christmas week by purposefully pricing out the surge. Being in Disney on Chistmas week is a premier luxury.

Hcalvert

This is why I am going this year. Coronado standard view with the AP rate is $233/night for Christmas week.

Last edited:
Not sure where you found these rates. Right now, Walt Disney World is not accepting resort reservations past 9/27/2021.
This is my question as well. We’ve been waiting for the window to open for next December so we can book Xmas week (yes, we are crazy). Where did these numbers come from?

dgp602

• All Stars - $254
  • Pop Century - $330
  • Caribbean Beach - $432

I'm old enough to remember when you could stay at a value resort during the Christmas season for $79 a night!!!!

Cowboy Steve

I realize it isn't always an option for people, but we have had really good luck with both crowds and prices the first 2 weeks after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure I could handle the Christmas week crowds. Maybe I got in before the price surge hit, but it looks like our 2021 trip is comparable to our 2018 trip...

First 2 weeks after Thanksgiving for 2021: 13 nights in a preferred campsite and 10 day passes with PH for 2 worked out to $300/night without a meal plan. In early Dec 2018 we stayed 9 nights at a standard full hook up campsite for $400/night with meal plan and 8 day pass with PH. So depending on what the meal plan comes in at (if it is avail and we get it), could be about the same average nightly rate as 2018, the exception being an upgraded campsite category for 2021. I think I figured that out right... lol. Did I just get lucky?

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We have started our trip on the Sunday after Thanksgiving multiple times. It’s a great time to visit. Coming from IL the weather is always better than it is at home and the crowds are refreshingly lower than much of the year.

bryanfze55

I stayed at Pop Century during my first Disney trip. A fine budget resort, but I scratch my head at the thought that anyone in their right mind is paying $330 per night for that. That's pretty sickening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom