walt disney world explorer

Should I buy the Walt Disney World Explorer computer game?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

obi1_kenobi

Original Poster
i freaking love disney world. havn't been there since 2004, but my girlfriend and i just decided that we are going to go NEXT may. well, despite the fact that we aren't leaving for another 13 months, i am sooo excited and can't stop thinking about that amazing time we are going to have.
so i was on amazon.com looking up random walt disney world stuff to try to get my fix, when i stumbled across this CD-ROM called the "Walt Disney World Explorer" does anyone here own this software? it sounds pretty neat. i found it on ebay for $10 including shipping, should i get it?

ctwhalerman

The WDW Explorer is really good, but unfortunately it's WDW circa 1998. Still, it has every attraction and hotel in the resort, and it's laid out in cool little maps of each Magic Kingdom land, Future World, World Showcase, MGM, and the Resort as a whole.

It has an overview of each attraction, some secrets and trivia, and also videos for some attractions. It also has trivia games and other nice things.

And it's great to be able to see the Skyway, 20,000 Leagues, and Journey into Imagination as they once were.

So yea, if it's cheap, I say buy it.

Sweetums

I had to vote "no". We are going to WDW in 2 weeks (woo hoo!) and I bought Explorer off of ebay for $10 or $15 (dang--sounds like I got ripped! :( ). I wanted to show stuff to my son (almost 3) to get him excited about the trip. I just didn't think it has a whole lot to it. Like, I was hoping to show him videos of some of the rides, but they are pretty sparse. I found that I am better off just going to the disneyworld.com site for free. Also, as mentioned, it is old so it's missing a lot of the new stuff and has a lot of things that aren't there any more.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Big thread bump.. but I just found my WDW explorer CD I found at a thrift store back in 2007 :) It's the first one so it still says "Animal Kingdom is a planned project" or whatever. Got it for about 2 bucks haha I LOVE it! So much information I didn't know, and for a good price :) Haha Why disney never continued to update them I have no idea. :brick:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Cmdr_Crimson

Big thread bump.. but I just found my WDW explorer CD I found at a thrift store back in 2007 :) It's the first one so it still says "Animal Kingdom is a planned project" or whatever. Got it for about 2 bucks haha I LOVE it! So much information I didn't know, and for a good price :) Haha Why disney never continued to update them I have no idea. :brick:
[/COLOR][/I]

Yeah that's the second edition..I have both AND Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour for PSone, Dreamcast & PC...Top That!:king:
games.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yeah that's the second edition..I have both AND Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour for PSone, Dreamcast & PC...Top That!:king:
games.jpg

No I have the first edition, but I want those other three you got!

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

bhealthy

I picked one up at a thrift store too, but it won't work on my computer. :cry: It says I need to see if there is a 64-bit Windows compatible version available. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get it to work? I would love to see what it DID do!! It sux that Disney doesn't do something to keep it compatible. The way technology keeps changing I know it can be hard or not cost effective to keep it updated, but I would still just like to watch it and reminisce. I don't always need to have the best techie stuff. Newer isn't always better. Sorry for just ranting on. I would like to see it and bring back some great childhood memories.:)

Running WDW Explorer on newer systems.

I'm a systems engineer and thought I would share this tip with everyone.
For those with 64-Bit Windows 7 systems. Download Windows Virtual PC with XP mode. This is a virtual Windows XP system and should allow you to run the Disney Explorer.

Basically it should allow your drives to map through, so that the Virtual XP sees your CD rom, and you'll access it like normal.

I'll be trying it myself later with both the First and Second editions. :wave:

Windows Virtual PC
Download Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom