News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
A Virtual Queue will once again be used to meet Santa at Once Upon A Toy in Disney Springs.

Here are the details -

From November 11 through December 24, 2022, a virtual queue will be in place to meet Santa Claus at Once Upon A Toy.
Guests can use the My Disney Experience app to enter the virtual queue. A standby queue will not be available. There will be multiple opportunities to enter the virtual queue throughout the day at:
  • 9:00 AM
  • Noon
  • 3:00 PM
  • 6:00 PM
Important Information -

Guests must be at Disney Springs in order to enter the virtual queue.

One person from your group will receive a push notification directly to their mobile device when your group is ready to return. This push notification will also present a link to a digital entry code. If you are unable to find your digital entry code, you can locate it by going to the 3-line hamburger icon in the app (☰) and selecting “Virtual Queues.”

There is a maximum party size of 10 people.

MickeyLuv'r

Is there an easy way to find holiday treats that are gluten free?
Visit Erin McKenna's in Disney Springs. I can't say 100% they have holiday treats though. Sprinkles has a GF chocolate chip cookie. Vivioli Gelato has gelato and sorbet, though again, not 100% sure what they will have w/holiday theme. The Ganachery should also have GF sweets, and probably something holiday themed that is also GF.

There should be a holiday option for the Dole Whip. If not, the Poly had a 50th anniversary version that was slightly unique. It was just a dole whip sprinkled with edible shiny glitter, but it was pretty and GF.

I can't say for certain for Christmas, but the Beach Club Marketplace had an array of (packaged) sweets around Easter. Most were not gluten-free, but some were.

It won't help this time, but for a future visit, consider going during one of Epcot's Festival's. Food and Wine runs to 11/20, Art Festival starts 1/13/23. Both print a brochure with icons that list what is gluten-free. Most options are not, but some are.

Looks like Isle of Java has holiday hot cocoa at AK.

Epcot Holiday Festival (11/25-12/30): Chestnuts booth has GF glazed nuts. Holiday Hearth has a GF peppermint bark. Holiday Sweets (near Port of Entry) has a Peppermint sundae. L'Chaim has potato pancakes. If you get the "Festival of the Holidays" brochure in Epcot, it should list all the GF options at the various booths with locations! There is also a long list of holiday beverages, some w/alcohol and some without alcohol, but I imagine most are GF except the beer.

Last edited:

yensid67

You probably already know this, but just in case you don’t, there’s a special on Disney+ called “Decorating Disney Holiday Magic” that shows you the process.
TRUE! BUT....Disney could make EVEN MORE MONEY!(since they seem to be money-hungry and GREDDY)

YodaMan

Do we know anything yet about the performers for the Christmas parade taping that’s taking place this weekend from 11/11-11/13?

DCBaker

Premium Member
There isn't many details posted yet, but here is what Disney Springs is advertising for Holiday entertainment -

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 5.12.12 PM.png

castlecake2.0

"The act is not listed in My Disney Experience, but showtimes today ran from roughly 10:30am to 5:30pm, weather permitting. Hopefully, Disney World will officially announce or recognize Sleigh soon."

hopefully they move to grand avenue, would be a better fit over there and add some life to the area. Not sure this part of the park is the right fit for them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The act is not listed in My Disney Experience, but showtimes today ran from roughly 10:30am to 5:30pm, weather permitting. Hopefully, Disney World will officially announce or recognize Sleigh soon."

Pet peeve time:

Someone tell Entertainment management to tell the talent to never wear sunglasses. There is so much less engagement when talent does that.

I yell at vloggers in their comments when they do so.

It's a service to humanity that I perform.

UNCgolf

Pet peeve time:

Someone tell Entertainment management to tell the talent to never wear sunglasses. There is so much less engagement when talent does that.

I yell at vloggers in their comments when they do so.

It's a service to humanity that I perform.

Feels like they should have some kind of uniform, too, or at least a more specific look. They look like 5 random guests who grabbed microphones.

UNCgolf

I’m not saying I agree with it, but I think that’s exactly the kind of look they’re going for.

I think it is too.

I just think it's a mistake and looks bad. The parks are supposed to be a themed environment -- the attire would be fine in Disney Springs but doesn't work in the parks, other than maybe the former Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom