News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

castlecake2.0

I thought I heard the 2009 loop back in September.

It seems to be inconsistent.
I always wonder who decides that. Is there a feud between two area leaders and when one of thems away the other switches the tape backstage? I know for a while they had the super intense marching band loop playing but it was pulled. I’ll have to look into what the 2009 loop is. I walked through the land today and must have blocked it out.

Animaniac93-98

I always wonder who decides that. Is there a feud between two area leaders and when one of thems away the other switches the tape backstage? I know for a while they had the super intense marching band loop playing but it was pulled. I’ll have to look into what the 2009 loop is. I walked through the land today and must have blocked it out.

The 2009 loop is the marching band one. I watched a video of MK's Xmas decor from today and you could hear the 1980 loop playing.

I don't understand how one MK land can have this issue, it doesn't happen elsewhere in the park.

There would be a novelty to the whole park going back to WED-era loops for the holidays, though.

CJR

Anyone know if they'll have lights in Living with the Land this year? We've come to really love it at night during the holidays.

ToTBellHop

Did Storybook Circus get decorated in the past? I don’t remember that happening but it is this year.

Also, I really like the Speedway decorations and wish it had props all year. It’s so sparse the rest of the year and with the nighttime lighting at Christmas, it actually looks like a Tomorrowland ride.

castlecake2.0

Did Storybook Circus get decorated in the past? I don’t remember that happening but it is this year.

Also, I really like the Speedway decorations and wish it had props all year. It’s so sparse the rest of the year and with the nighttime lighting at Christmas, it actually looks like a Tomorrowland ride.
Not sure if the circus decorations are new or not. Was thinking yesterday that Adventureland in front of skipper canteen would look nice with some decor too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did Storybook Circus get decorated in the past?
Yes, but not a lot.

In Dec of 2019, there was a fire at the Big Top, so, there's quite a few pictures of SBC at that time. And of all the outdoor photos I could find on the Internet, this was the only one with the bare minimum of decoration:

1667563791925.png

MickeyLuv'r

I have never been at WDW during the Halloween to Christmas switchover. I need to make that a bucket list item.
I saw the transformation to Christmas one year, but back then I don't think they had as much fall decor. We happened to arrive late to our hotel and saw all the decor stacked in carts. I remember thinking it was a LOT of stuff, maybe too much.

We also lucked out because we had castle view (one of VERY few times that has happened), and late one night we saw practice run of MK Holiday show from our balcony. The audio was muffled, but we could still make out most of it. We didn't see anybody else awake for it. It was unexpected and pretty amazing.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I've always thought MK should do a Halloween To Christmas Party on Nov 1st.
Sounds cute in theory but practically impossible due to the numerous safety situations that would arise with having guests roaming around a park filled with Holiday Services crews and vehicles.

TheMaxRebo

Sounds cute in theory but practically impossible due to the numerous safety situations that would arise with having guests roaming around a park filled with Holiday Services crews and vehicles.

Yeah, would be tough to do in park ... Maybe could do a viewing party from the top of Bay Lake Tower or something

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Disney should sell tickets to watch them transform the parks overnight! Guess I should not say that too loud...Chapek might hear and think its a great idea! LOL
You probably already know this, but just in case you don’t, there’s a special on Disney+ called “Decorating Disney Holiday Magic” that shows you the process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom