Walt Disney World Annual Pass closure period extension watch

Hcalvert

Thought it might be useful to have a thread for monitoring Annual Pass extensions/changes.

My WDW Annual Pass expired 4/28/2020 during the closure, and has now disappeared from My Disney Experience.
Mine doesn't expire until July 8, two days before my trip. I already asked for a refund. Could you include a refund watch in your thread title too? I am thinking that they are going to be processing the refunds and extensions about the same time. Thank you.

Rosanne

My annual resident pass was expiring in April 2020. I just called and canceled the whole thing. I never went over the summer so useless to pay for 4 months when we dont even know for sure about openings and crowds. The crowds and lines were becoming ridiculous with no end in sight. I have had my pass for 10 yrs. Many trips to the parks. It may be time to call it a day.

aladdin2007

Has anyone else gotten out of their monthly payment contract? Were seriously considering canceling our passes that were renewed in march, just cant see returning any time soon to the parks themselves plus with all the restrictions and cuts, its not going to be worth what we have to pay a month for 3 passes once they start resuming payments. Are they letting people cancel? Were torn on deciding but unfortunately just one of those things.

Rosanne

Has anyone else gotten out of their monthly payment contract? Were seriously considering canceling our passes that were renewed in march, just cant see returning any time soon to the parks themselves plus with all the restrictions and cuts, its not going to be worth what we have to pay a month for 3 passes once they start resuming payments. Are they letting people cancel? Were torn on deciding but unfortunately just one of those things.
I agree. I dropped mine.

Den Carter

My expiry date was May 5, which was 49 days into the closure. I expect those 49 days to be added when parks reopen, which would make the new expiry August 29, however at this time my AP has disappeared from MDE.

I'm in the UK and still clinging on to a little optimism that we'll be allowed to travel to Florida by the end of August, although hopes are waning by the day.

Does anyone know if Disney will apply discretion to extensions based on travel restrictions?

Rosanne

My expiry date was May 5, which was 49 days into the closure. I expect those 49 days to be added when parks reopen, which would make the new expiry August 29, however at this time my AP has disappeared from MDE.

I'm in the UK and still clinging on to a little optimism that we'll be allowed to travel to Florida by the end of August, although hopes are waning by the day.

Does anyone know if Disney will apply discretion to extensions based on travel restrictions?
I would think they would have to. And I wouldnt be counting on Aug We are supposed to have another backsplash of virus in Sept. I canceled my resident annual pass & will not reupt again until things are at 100%. Crazy to be in a park with all of those people. And long lines. Bathrooms, ugh. Lots of germs flowing. I've been a passholder for 10 yrs. Im ok with waiting this out.

aladdin2007

I would think they would have to. And I wouldnt be counting on Aug We are supposed to have another backsplash of virus in Sept. I canceled my resident annual pass & will not reupt again until things are at 100%. Crazy to be in a park with all of those people. And long lines. Bathrooms, ugh. Lots of germs flowing. I've been a passholder for 10 yrs. Im ok with waiting this out.

mind if I ask if they gave you a hard time about canceling? we are seriously about ready to for a multitude of reasons with all the changes and restrictions.

Gillyanne

Ditto as PP, nothing updated on my stuff, checked in App and online. Still have the original expiration dates, and my mom's pass that expired during all this, is still MIA

ThatMouse

There's extensions, partial refund, and I think a 3rd category of people who want to cancel active passes completely with some kind of refund. Currently Disney is not offering any such refund, but we're waiting to see before going other routes to get refunded.

surfsupdon

No extensions seen here yet.

But I am happy because the extension will include my already booked WineDineHalf and Marathon Race Weekends!

RememberWhen

Someone in the other thread gave their dates.

So based on that it looks like it's a 117 days... Which I think is the same that I ended up calculating when we found ot the opening date.
Thanks! My folks have passes that expire mid-October. We were supposed to go on a big trip in July, but that got bumped to February. Looks like their passes should expire the week before that Feb trip. Probably better to ask for a partial refund? Or see if Disney would extend the passes an extra week? It’s hard to know.

Den Carter

Has anyone whose pass expired during the closure had extensions yet? I'm expecting 49 days to be added, although I appreciate they're probably dealing with these in batches and it must be a huge task!

Gillyanne

Some in the other tread mentioned theirs have shown back up w/ the extended dates; still waiting on my mom's here.

Yes, my daughter had paid in full Gold pass that expired in March, Magically reappeared in the app now expires in July

What's weird is the new expiration dates only show up in MDE app, when you log into the website there is no annual pass to be found
My AP that expired in May and disappeared from the app is back. It's new expiration date is Aug 30th.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone whose pass expired during the closure had extensions yet? I'm expecting 49 days to be added, although I appreciate they're probably dealing with these in batches and it must be a huge task!
I have had some reports that they have, and others are still waiting. So you aren't alone :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom