News Walt Disney World & AdventHealth "One Little Spark Lights Up For You" announcement May 6 10am ET

ppete1975

after watching the video... im scared. They took figments song and reimagined it. They are now showing how they can use figment not just for festivals but for things like this. Yet anything they use him for doesnt point towards "make sure you go to his ride". It does feel like they are separating figment from his attraction... so the attraction can leave and they still have him.
Im having a hard time putting this into words so sorry if it doesnt come out clear, but watching that video has me concerned.

HarperRose

after watching the video... im scared. They took figments song and reimagined it. They are now showing how they can use figment not just for festivals but for things like this. Yet anything they use him for doesnt point towards "make sure you go to his ride". It does feel like they are separating figment from his attraction... so the attraction can leave and they still have him.
Im having a hard time putting this into words so sorry if it doesnt come out clear, but watching that video has me concerned.
Figment was a tie-in to the Flower and Garden Festival, since he is a mascot for that and Advent Health is the new sponsor of F&G.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well sorry if we're that deparate for anything Journey Into Imagination related considering the current state of the pavilion.
I didnt say it was wrong to hope for something. I’m just saying I don’t know why people keep disappointing themselves.

cmwade77

I don't know why people get excited every little time Figment is mentioned... He's literally just used as a mascot (sadly) in everything they do nowadays.
Because Figment is one of the few characters created specifically for the theme parks and not an IP that has been shoved into the parks.

Now, for those wondering what he has to do with this announcement, well, he used to be part of educational films, see this:

Perhaps they intend to finally create a new one on health with him? We can dream, but seriously, it is probably more to do with the F&G thing.

cmwade77

There is an Urgent Care right down the road from where this supposed new facility is going to go. It's where tourists have gone for years when they've had a health issue while on vacation.

The build-up of the announcement led to a big ol' whomp whomp.
Except it sounds like guests will be able to use virtual care for free, which may reduce the need to go to urgent care. Additionally, the announcement said they are building an emergency room, which is different from urgent care.

Inspired Figment

Always nice to see Disney making an effort to feature Figment & “One Little Spark” in more parks related promotions. 💜 While true, it isn’t a ride comeback/revamp ‘yet’.. I’m positive it’ll happen eventually. Don’t give up hope on that folks... And in all honesty, this is the most we’ve seen him used in advertising in 20+ years, so I see this as a good thing.

Inspired Figment

Not to mention, it’s nice to see Disney utilizing more park specific IP. Loved the “Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” campaign they did earlier this year and happy to see them doing something similar with “One Little Spark”. The more classic Park icon exposure, the better. Particularly when you know a number of them have been neglected for so many years. Shows they’re actually putting more effort into preserving them it’d seem.

Inspired Figment

That doesn't answer the question.
I think ultimately it’s because people genuinely love when Disney acknowledges or utilizes Figment & Journey Into Imagination more due to how neglected/unrecognizable the ride’s become over the years due to the pointless film IP crap they rethemed it to over the years. (All the Medfield College/Honey I Shrunk franchise garbage) One can only hope Disney will finally realize ‘how’ they need to fix it.. (big hint: it doesn’t need yet ANOTHER film IP retheme.) But we need to wait until the right management comes in that realizes that the parks have a larger identity than strictly movie tie-ins (aka: the Universal Studios model). There’s a reason stuff like Pirates, Haunted, and the other classics have lived on as long as they have. And no, it’s not because they had film adaptations made of them later. It’s cause they were great, memorable concepts on their own.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
While it's nice to see TWDC basically themselves out for sponsorship, I think the only pressing question we all want to know is if Baby Belle is still the official snack cheese of WDW.

ElvisMickey

As someone who lives in the Orlando area and not only uses AdventHealth for their Primary, but has also visited the local E.R., this is definitely a big plus.

peter11435

While it's nice to see TWDC basically ***** themselves out for sponsorship, I think the only pressing question we all want to know is if Baby Belle is still the official snack cheese of WDW.
You say that like this isn’t something that has been happening for decades. Casa de Fritos, Monsanto House of the Future, the entirety of EPCOT Center. Sponsorship deals have been a part of Disney parks since the very beginning. If anything they are less prevalent today than they were years ago.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
You say that like this isn’t something that has been happening for decades. Casa de Fritos, Monsanto House of the Future, the entirety of EPCOT Center. Sponsorship deals have been a part of Disney parks since the very beginning. If anything they are less prevalent today than they were years ago.
But is Baby Belle still the official snack cheese of WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom