Walt Disney Speeches?

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
OK I need help you guys. I have a project to do in my english class where I have to give a speech in front of the class and it has to be a speech that was given before a group of people sometime in history. Now I was originally going to do the speech that the President gave in the movie "Independence Day" to the pilots. I love that speech, so I submitted it for approval and she said it wasn't long enough. It has to be 90 seconds long and she seems to think that the dramatic pauses don't count as part of the speech so its not 90 seconds long. But I digress. Does anyone know where I can find a speech made by Walt Disney that was at least 90 seconds long? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

SirNim

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
OK I need help you guys. I have a project to do in my english class where I have to give a speech in front of the class and it has to be a speech that was given before a group of people sometime in history. Now I was originally going to do the speech that the President gave in the movie "Independence Day" to the pilots. I love that speech, so I submitted it for approval and she said it wasn't long enough. It has to be 90 seconds long and she seems to think that the dramatic pauses don't count as part of the speech so its not 90 seconds long. But I digress. Does anyone know where I can find a speech made by Walt Disney that was at least 90 seconds long? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
Disneyland Opening Speech?

"To all who come to this happy place, Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

That's the most famous Walt speech, I think...

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Re: Re: Walt Disney Speeches?

Originally posted by SirNim
Disneyland Opening Speech?

"To all who come to this happy place, Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

That's the most famous Walt speech, I think...

I thought about that, but I'm not sure it's 90 seconds long. Also, I can't find a transcript of it. Thanks for the speedy reply though :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom