Walt Disney Museum announced

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Someone asked a bit ago if there would ever be a Disney Museum. Here you go!

w This spring, the Walt Disney Family Foundation, a Presidio tenant since 2001, will begin rehabilitating the barracks in the Presidio's Main Post for use as the Walt Disney Family Museum and Library. The project will include a children's learning center with hands-on art programs, an extensive collection of artifacts and archival material, exhibits on animation and motion pictures, a research center for scholars, exhibits of art works influenced by Disney, a book store/gift shop, and a small café. The museum is expected to open to visitors in August 2009.

SAN FRANCISCO (globest.com)

slappy magoo

Thanks, That isn't at WDW- it's at the Disney Musuem in cally. :animwink:

Eh, the OP didn't specify it was at WDW so no harm no foul. Worst case scenario, it should've gone into one of the other subforums, but they're read so less frequently than the top four, most people don't even think to post in them.

PintoColvig

Yep, I'm excited about this museum but not about its location. DTD (either in CA or FL) would be my choice. AAANNNDDD...if there is ever a decision to remove CoP from MK, my hope is that they'd relocate it to a place adjacent to this museum.

Jesùs_Carioca

Oh man...you do not know how good this will feel to say right now, trust me:

It's About Time.

I promise you i will visit it before i die...atleast twice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom