Walt Disney Company reaches highest shareholder value since 5/2001

CTXRover

Original Poster
It looks like Iger continues to steer the company in the right direction. His actions and words are now translating into improved shareholder value.

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={4910C7E5-F389-4864-9201-2658B949A6E3}

Walt Disney reaches highest price seen since May 2001

Shares of Walt Disney (DIS34.20, +0.76, +2.3%) were trading up nearly 2% at a 5 1/2-year high, and have now gained 14% in the past three months and 42% since the end of 2005. The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that the media and entertainment giant agreed to buy a London-based cable TV channel, NASN Ltd., which has the rights to U.S. sports leagues including the National Football League, Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League. The deal was reported to be worth from $107 million to $120 million. The stock, a component of the Dow industrials, was last up 1.7% at $34.02, and reached a high of $34.08 in intraday trading, the highest price seen since May 23, 2001.

wedway71

SWEET

This means with the share of strock I got on Xmas couple of years back will help me retire now-j/k

Im glad to see TWDC doing so well not only as a shareholder but more as a fan.:sohappy:

pheneix

Yay! Now the tens of thousands I lost when I bought Disney stock at $60 a share in the 90's is down to just thousands of dollars lost.

The stock is probably going to improve even more next year. Just goes to show that having a competent CEO at the helm of this company is doing good things. I hope Bob Iger can keep running things with a common sense perspective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom