News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

Jrb1979

The airport data shows people had no problem going to Florida this weekend.
These data points show people have no problem going to Orlando theme parks this weekend…but just not WDW.
What is going on that this is happening? It can't be the economy if people are still traveling to Orlando. It can't be the political storm as they aren't avoiding Florida. Why are people avoiding Disney all of a sudden? Has all these changes caught up to them?

Last edited:

drizgirl

None of which was on the list provided. But the parks are not reporting huge drops. The starcruiser wasn’t going to be saved by iger in this short time period. It’s sacrifice vs rework is on his watch… but I don’t see an announcement of starcruiser changes making the market pivot on their company outlook. Saving billions will
Disney knows how the summer and fall bookings look. And is behaving like it doesn’t look good.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney knows how the summer and fall bookings look. And is behaving like it doesn’t look good.
They are behaving like they do every period… adjusting based on demand to either promote or shape it.

They have immense powers to adjust … and they do. And those changes can help reduce the severity of a trend. Wait to see how they end up before you consider them toast

drizgirl

They are behaving like they do every period… adjusting based on demand to either promote or shape it.

They have immense powers to adjust … and they do. And those changes can help reduce the severity of a trend. Wait to see how they end up before you consider them toast
I didn’t say they were toast. But this does seem different. When is the last time they laid off 7000 employees?

Vegas Disney Fan

I agree, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen this and likely won’t be the last either, Disney raises prices and changes policies until attendance suffers, then they offer discounts, then once people have gotten used to the new system they raise prices and change policies again until it affects attendance, then offer discounts, and the cycle repeats.

I think the pushback just took longer, and is hitting a little harder, this time because pent up Covid demand kept the parks busy despite the higher prices and crowd management schemes, now that everyone has had 2 years to make their delayed trips the sticker shock is really setting in.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I didn’t say they were toast. But this does seem different. When is the last time they laid off 7000 employees?
That choice does not have to do with the park demand trend. It has to do with the aftermath of buying fox and multiple other studios and their dtc strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom