Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Disney has announced that they’re kicking off the company’s 100th anniversary next year in January. Josh D’Amaro claimed that the celebration will mostly be taking place at Disneyland. With that being said, all that has been announced, so far, is new decor, a new firework show, and a new version of WoC. How much do you want to bet that that’s all we’ll be getting, with the exception of new food and merchandise? Lol.

We can post updates here, as well as in the dedicated threads for Wondrous and One.

tcool123

Disney has announced that they’re kicking off the company’s 100th anniversary next year in January. Josh D’Amaro claimed that the celebration will mostly be taking place at Disneyland. With that being said, all that has been announced, so far, is new decor, a new firework show, and a new version of WoC. How much do you want to bet that that’s all we’ll be getting, with the exception of new food and merchandise? Lol.

We can post updates here, as well as in the dedicated threads for Wondrous and One.
Isn't Toontown 2.0 and Runaway Railway opening next year as well?

Throw in the return of Magic Happens and boom company’s 100th on the West Coast.

Beyond that some new meet and greets given Disneyland gets all the new characters and possibley some new entertainment offerings like a 100 Years Calvacade

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I just really hope we don’t get a tacky castle overlay. The 50th was too gaudy and the 60th had those ugly roofs.
Those were for Disneyland anniversaries. This is the a WDC anniversary, so I don't expect "Disneyland" related things like castle overlays, ride upgrades, and other things we've seen in the 50th and 60th park anniversaries.

They will limit things to what they can showcase for the company overall like they'll be doing in the new fireworks and WoC shows. Other than that probably just some banners or merch. I'm not expecting the same amount of glitz and glamour as with the park anniversaries.

I don't think TT or MMRR were meant to be 100th anniversary things, it's just coincidence and both probably would have happened sooner if there wasn't a Covid shutdown.

Given what limits the Magicbands will have when they are made functional, I feel like they are releasing that earlier than expected to harness the synchronization of the lights with the nighttime shows. That's just speculation on my part.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Throw in the return of Magic Happens and boom company’s 100th on the West Coast.

Beyond that some new meet and greets given Disneyland gets all the new characters and possibley some new entertainment offerings like a 100 Years Calvacade
Yes, but they haven’t said anything about including those for the anniversary. If they turn around and claim that the opening of MMRR is a 100th gift, then it will be pathetic lol.

Disney Analyst

I just really hope we don’t get a tacky castle overlay. The 50th was too gaudy and the 60th had those ugly roofs.

That Castle is definitely getting some sort of decor, in the Concept Art for the new Firework show, you can see a Star added the castle:

1665011710522.png

tcool123

Yes, but they haven’t said anything about including those for the anniversary. If they turn around and claim that the opening of MMRR is a 100th gift, then it will be pathetic lol.
Id bet money thats what they’re going to do as that what happened in Florida when Ratatouille and Harmonious got lumped in with the 50th even though they were to debut in 2020.

CaptinEO

I think it's pretty extensive already IMO. What else would be expected?

My dream is for them to get rid of reservations and do maintenance and have better staffing.

PiratesMansion

I think they'll learn real fast once they're both open that naming one new show One and the other Wonderous was...not smart.

"What time is the new show?"
"Do you mean One or Wonderous?"
Awkward Pause
"Do you mean World of Color?"
"Oh, yes."
"Ah. 9:00."

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I think it's pretty extensive already IMO. What else would be expected?

My dream is for them to get rid of reservations and do maintenance and have better staffing.
A nighttime show in each park and decorations don’t seem very extensive to me, given the celebration. It would be nice for Disney to develop a special exhibit that focused on the development of the park, especially given how significant Disneyland is to the company’s history. I’d also like to see some new, quality daytime entertainment, and maybe even a return of Yesterland entertainment, like live music on the nighttime Mark Twain cruises around RoA.

waltography

Throwing the Wondrous Journeys theme in here because I'm probably one of the only ones here that finds the theme lovely and refreshingly different for a fireworks show (dare I say Planet Coaster-esque?):

Also, while we're speculating, I'm hoping that either WJ or WoC One will be the show to introduce drones to a stateside park.

Disney Analyst

Throwing the Wondrous Journeys theme in here because I'm probably one of the only ones here that finds the theme lovely and refreshingly different for a fireworks show (dare I say Planet Coaster-esque?):

Also, while we're speculating, I'm hoping that either WJ or WoC One will be the show to introduce drones to a stateside park.

I thought it was lovely also!

Although I suspect that version is the play off version, and the version during the show will be the more orchestral / pop version we are used to for a fireworks.

CaptinEO

A nighttime show in each park and decorations don’t seem very extensive to me, given the celebration. It would be nice for Disney to develop a special exhibit that focused on the development of the park, especially given how significant Disneyland is to the company’s history. I’d also like to see some new, quality daytime entertainment, and maybe even a return of Yesterland entertainment, like live music on the nighttime Mark Twain cruises around RoA.
That would all be great! A nice celebration of the parks history and maybe they can make a 2D animated movie as well, it's only fitting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom