Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

tcool123

Here's the official soft opening media preview of World of Color ONE.

Thoughts upon first watch:

- Visually it’s very pretty, but every scene seems to fight for attention versus a segue
- Transitions between songs left something to be desired, it felt jarring to go from Star Wars to Lion King.
- As a celebration of 100 years it only really focuses on Lion King and onwards with Star Wars as the oldest film that stuck out to me.
- The transition from Ratatouille to Soul was solid in my eyes as it ended with anybody can be an artists followed by Joe Gardner
- Reminds me of Enchantment or Harmonious where each section by itself is great, but as a whole show felt cobbled together.
- Love the ripple effect that happened, and the colors were just so vibrant. The interactivity between the lights on Pixar Pier and the water was great.
- 7/10; it’s carried for me by the beauty of the colors, plenty of wow moments, beautiful theme song. However the lack of cohesiveness for me as well as a lack of celebration being present holds it back. Honestly? I may prefer the two 50th shows from WDW over this, but I need to see Enchantment again to remember it.

Will need to watch a few more times before deciding

CaptinEO

Wow representation! (of the stuff they bought in the last 10 years). Glad they gloss over the rest of the companys history.

You think theyd talk about all the compamy achievements, TV, live action films, the Disney Channel, Disney Home Video, Disney Interactive, Disneyland Records, Hollywood records, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone, Miramax.

But no, the only thing Disney did in the last 100 years was make their first film "The Beauty and the Beast" in 1992 and buy Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. If you think they're missing something your memory is just off.

Only thing they're missing is a Simpsons tatoo on Mickey.

SuddenStorm

Wow representation! (of the stuff they bought in the last 10 years). Glad they gloss over the rest of the companys history.

You think theyd talk about all the compamy achievements, TV, live action films, the Disney Channel, Disney Home Video, Disney Interactive, Disneyland Records, Hollywood records, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone, Miramax.

But no, the only thing Disney did in the last 100 years was make their first film "The Beauty and the Beast" in 1992 and buy Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. If you think they're missing something your memory is just off.

Only thing they're missing is a Simpsons tatoo on Mickey.

Most of what you mentioned were mediums for Disney to deliver their content to the consumer- so I'm not surprised they were left out. Touchstone was designed with the intent that it wouldn't be a part of the 'Disney' Brand- so naturally they wouldn't put it on a Mickey Statue.

I look at this a different way- The Walt Disney Company is clearly trying desperately to incorporate Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar as part of the 'Disney' brand. Which I think is a huge mistake but it make sense given what we've seen.

Some of their other entities- like 20th Century Studios and ESPN- are still disassociated from the 'Disney' brand.

PiratesMansion

Wanted to share Francis’s post from today; there are several slides to go through. I feel be really captured the castle beautifully today:

Still not wild about the lack of color afforded the fairies, but otherwise I think they did a nice job.

Just enough decor to know that it's a celebration, but not in a way that detracts or overwhelms.

CaptinEO

Most of what you mentioned were mediums for Disney to deliver their content to the consumer- so I'm not surprised they were left out. Touchstone was designed with the intent that it wouldn't be a part of the 'Disney' Brand- so naturally they wouldn't put it on a Mickey Statue.

I look at this a different way- The Walt Disney Company is clearly trying desperately to incorporate Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar as part of the 'Disney' brand. Which I think is a huge mistake but it make sense given what we've seen.

Some of their other entities- like 20th Century Studios and ESPN- are still disassociated from the 'Disney' brand.
I was listing the mediums because of the hundreds of films, tv shows, books, records, and games that came from all of these are too much to list.

Disney 100 should totally celebrate the entire history of the company instead of 25 years of animation plus the same 3 brands Disney wants to promote. The company is too shortsighted I suppose.

Disney Analyst

Someone tell me what this scary thing is from?!

374D620F-6CF6-4810-A755-908C50A60292.jpeg

TP2000

I don’t care if the foil blinds me when it passes me by, this monorail wrap is perfect for a temp overlay:

I love that!

So far, this is my favorite decorative element of the 100th stuff. The rest just looks sort of bland and generic and... matte silver.

Maybe they should have gone with a foiled color-changing decor package instead of the "platinum" that looks flat and lifeless?

Although maybe too much color-changing foil on everything would get obnoxious real fast. Still, the monorail looks great with this color treatment!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom