Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

Consumer

Just me or do those statues of Mickey and Minnie look like they were purchased at the 99c Store? They look very cheaply made.

VJ

disney has released new images of the castle decor, main street decor and character costumes:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
How crazy is it that the Disney company 100 celebration is already much grander at Disneyland than Disney World's 50th Celebration was for WDW?
Literally thinking the exact same thing. I only went to MK during WDW’s 50th, but had it not been for the banners and my own knowledge of the anniversary, I would have had no clue they were celebrating a milestone anniversary. Felt like just another day.

Disney Analyst

Literally thinking the exact same thing. I only went to MK during WDW’s 50th, but had it not been for the banners and my own knowledge of the anniversary, I would have had no clue they were celebrating a milestone anniversary. Felt like just another day.

I think it's definitely an issue with size. When you spread out the 50th anniversary across the ENTIRE WDW complex, it makes everything... seem small.

Should have gone all out in MK, and then done some additional decor in the other parks.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I think it's definitely an issue with size. When you spread out the 50th anniversary across the ENTIRE WDW complex, it makes everything... seem small.

Should have gone all out in MK, and then done some additional decor in the other parks.
I’ve theorized a few reasons: TDO being cheap, size, and guest demographics.

Disney Analyst

They had a perfect blueprint to follow from Disneyland's 50th, and still messed it up.

Nostalgia sells, nostalgia feels warm and fuzzy.

Should have created a firework spectacular in the same style as RDCT. Should have created a 50th anniversary parade. Should have had a more grand and fulfilling decor package in MK.

Those three specifics would have helped. Add a night parade as well and they would have wowed everyone.

But alas, I do believe the timing with Covid, park closures, and a restrictive reopening messed everything up. Unsure if there was a bigger plan originally.

brb1006

They had a perfect blueprint to follow from Disneyland's 50th, and still messed it up.

Should have created a firework spectacular in the same style as RDCT. Should have created a 50th anniversary parade. Should have had a more grand and fulfilling decor package in MK.

Those three specifics would have helped. Add a night parade as well and they would have wowed everyone.

But alas, I do believe the timing with Covid, park closures, and a restrictive reopening messed everything up. Unsure if there was a bigger plan originally.
WDW's 50th Anniversary was a huge missed opportunity on creating a brand new electrical parade for the celebration. Heck, WDW's 25th Anniversary had the "Remember The Magic Parade" daytime parade. Instead WDW's 50th only created two character cavalcades.

I remember when WDW's 50th Anniversary was first announced at D23 2019. The presentation was clearly aiming for bigger plans for the celebration before COVID was even known.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

WDW's 50th Anniversary was a huge missed opportunity on creating a brand new electrical parade for the celebration. Heck, WDW's 25th Anniversary had the "Remember The Magic Parade" daytime parade. Instead WDW's 50th only created two character cavalcades.

I remember when WDW's 50th Anniversary was first announced at D23 2019. The presentation was clearly aiming for bigger plans for the celebration before COVID was even known.

Yeah, there was nothing happening that would've put a damper on a 18 month celebration.

waltography

I really like the simplicity of the fountains. Just a chill little addition.

In an age where something like World of Color or DLP’s Illuminations exists, this is the kind of charming low-fi tech that’s perfect for the park. It feels like it could’ve existed there all this time and they only just recently turned it on again.

eddie104

How crazy is it that the Disney company 100 celebration is already much grander at Disneyland than Disney World's 50th Celebration was for WDW?
I’m sorry are we seeing the same celebration because it looks about the same to me. Nothing overly special to me I mean they literally have the exact things the 50th have. I was expecting them to go all out because it’s Disneyland.

Inspired Figment

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Inspired Figment

new esplanade loop? (unconfirmed):

OG ‘83-98 Journey Into Imagination ride with Dreamfinder & Figment coming to Disneyland confirmed!! Maybe for the new Discovery Bay area they’re opening. Unless there’s a DCA makeover for WestCOT coming soon I don’t know about

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom